Didn't see this coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see this coming...

These companies are moving out of China because of the trade war.

Moving out

Apple to SE Asia
    GoPro to Mexico
    Hasbro to Mexico, Vietnam and India
    Steve Madden to Cambodia
    Black and Decker to Fort Worth, TX
    Whirlpool moving KitchenAid to the US
    Intel undecided / unannounced
    Brooks Running to Vietnam

Trump is much smarter than people give him credit for and he has proven it many times.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      Trump is much smarter than people give him credit for and he has proven it many times.

Yet no one can see past his Twitter account

Comment

I'll be more impressed when oilfield equipment manufacturers start fleeing China... LOT of oilfield equipment being made there now... especially frac'ing and artificial lift equipment... that would be a serious blow to China too... Some of those factories/machine shops are VERY modern and were subsidized by the Chinese gubment to build... would tickle me pretty good to see them go silent. Bad part is tho, those machine shops could be easily converted to making war-waging equipment!
        The Chinee ain't dumb neither!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Yet no one can see past his Twitter account
          Haters are gonna hate.

Comment

Meanwhile Harley Davidson is going to start building motorcycles in China.
            They already build some in India since 2007. Another icon gone down the sewer.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Meanwhile Harley Davidson is going to start building motorcycles in China.
              They already build some in India since 2007. Another icon gone down the sewer.
              I thought I had read the ones being built there were specifically for the chinese market?

Comment

I have moved a ton of business out of China. Mainly to Taiwan and Vietnam. Add me to that list Dusty!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I have moved a ton of business out of China. Mainly to Taiwan and Vietnam. Add me to that list Dusty!

That's great!

Comment

Despite the negative information you hear about this situation on the MSM I can guarantee it is working. The Chinese Government has pretty much stopped subsidizing the factories at this point and many thousands are closing. Thousands of others factories are living day to day trying to keep the business afloat. The Chinese citizens are not happy right now....and their anger is not towards Trump but at their own leader(s). A tremendous amount of money, labor, intellectual property and machinery has been moved out of China and into Vietnam, Taiwan, Cambodia and the Philippines will remain there even if an agreement comes about in the coming weeks/months. The damage has been done. For the life of me I can't understand how China's leadership thought they had a upper hand in this...part of me thinks they got to comfortable with the limp wristed leadership they have been accustomed to here in the U.S. and attempted to call a bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Despite the negative information you hear about this situation on the MSM I can guarantee it is working. The Chinese Government has pretty much stopped subsidizing the factories at this point and many thousands are closing. Thousands of others factories are living day to day trying to keep the business afloat. The Chinese citizens are not happy right now....and their anger is not towards Trump but at their own leader(s). A tremendous amount of money, labor, intellectual property and machinery has been moved out of China and into Vietnam, Taiwan, Cambodia and the Philippines will remain there even if an agreement comes about in the coming weeks/months. The damage has been done. For the life of me I can't understand how China's leadership thought they had a upper hand in this...part of me thinks they got to comfortable with the limp wristed leadership they have been accustomed to here in the U.S. and attempted to call a bluff.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong. (Seriously) if the China is hurting the Yen should be dropping in value to dollar? And if China owns most,of our debt, would that not be lowering our national debt? Less dollars to pay back the yen we owe? I ask this seriously, I do not trade money markets.

Comment

Now, if we can slow down their theft of our industrial intellectual property and trade secrets, Trump would make another massive positive impact on our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong. (Seriously) if the China is hurting the Yen should be dropping in value to dollar? And if China owns most,of our debt, would that not be lowering our national debt? Less dollars to pay back the yen we owe? I ask this seriously, I do not trade money markets.
                          China buys and gets paid in dollars, not yen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                            China does not hold most of our debt. Here is a breakdown:

The most recent complete breakdown from the U.S. Treasury is as of June 2018. The public debt was $15.6 trillion. It's in the Treasury Bulletin, Ownership of Federal Securities, Table OFS-2.

•Foreign - $6.2 trillion. In June 2018, China owned $1.18 trillion of U.S. debt and Japan owned $1.03 trillion. That's more than one-third of foreign holdings.
                            •Federal Reserve - $2.46 trillion.
                            •Mutual funds - $1.8 trillion.
                            •State and local government, including their pension funds - $984 billion.
                            •Private pension funds - $600 billion.
                            •Banks - $674 billion.
                            •Insurance companies - $226 billion.
                            •U.S. savings bonds - $158 billion.
                            •Other holders such as individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts and estates, corporate and non-corporate businesses, and other investors - $2.4 trillion.

This debt is not only in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds but also in Treasury Inflation Protected Securities and special state and local government series securities.

As you can see, if you add up the debt held by Social Security and all the retirement and pension funds, almost half of the U.S. Treasury debt is held in trust for your retirement. If the United States defaults on its debt, foreign investors would be angry, but current and future retirees would be hurt the most.

Comment

^^ What he said AND China's currency is NOT Yen it's Yuan... Yen is Japan's currency... JTSTRS...

Comment

Working...
                              X