Direct Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Tv

Does anyone know how to get some discount with Direct tv my bill just jumped from $71 to $135. I may be getting rid of them.

Thanks
    Jimmy

call and tell them you are switching and they will lower your bill> my wife did this they knocked 63 dollars off ours.

Comment

Yes. Make sure you’re calling the loyalty line. They have the most ability to give discounts. Tell them you’re canceling if you don’t get a substantial discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They su. Cancel them anyways

Comment

The most you're going to get is an offer to cut about $10.

Best bet, go find someone new. ATT could careless about retention

Comment

I had no luck talking to anyone. I went online and did the online chat. Finally I had to tell them to cancel my service before they acted like they cared. I told them I was not willing to pay for more than what they had advertised online for directtvnow. I got mine changed from about $140 to $75 for a year. Fixing to have to do it all over again.

You have to be prepared to cut them off for real if they call your bluff, which I was.

Comment

ATT customer service is horrible. Good luck

Comment

Best thing we ever did!

TV Antenna - RCA Outdoor Yagi Satellite HD Antenna with Over 70 Mile Range - Attic or Roof Mount TV Antenna, Long Range Digital OTA Antenna for Clear Reception, 4K 1080P https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024R4B5C..._5aqgEb5DE7ADV

Comment

I got my bill today. It went up 15$ im at 55$ total now. I was at 30! And have been forever. The loyalty dept is where its at. Gota go thru them.

Comment

Just cut the cord. So happy I did!

Comment

my discount ended this month. Mine is fixing to jump way up there and I have been looking at streaming services. Our TV's are about 3-5 years old 50 & 65" I guess they will take streaming services...will find out.

What I have heard is that since ATT owns Directv, they are not concerned with retention...So I am not expecting them to lower my bill.. bye bye to them.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                        Just cut the cord. So happy I did!
                        what did you go with?

For one TV I need HGTV, Foodnetwork & cooking channel and what ever the cop shows are on.

my TV i just need Astros & Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          what did you go with?

For one TV I need HGTV, Foodnetwork & cooking channel and what ever the cop shows are on.

my TV i just need Astros & Rangers.
                          Astros on TV is the only reason I still have Direct TV, otherwise I'd go with something cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                            Astros on TV is the only reason I still have Direct TV, otherwise I'd go with something cheaper.
                            if we give up Directv...I WILL find the stros and rangers somewhere.

Comment

Good luck with your quest. Switched away from AT&T and DirecTV both this past year. I had been with both for over 15 years and they seemed to care less about retaining me as a customer. Kind of disheartening. DirecTV offered me a $10 per month credit after my bill went up $60+. That was through the "loyalty" department.

I cut the cord and went with Youtube TV, Netflix, and got Disney + for free with Verizon.

Comment

Working...
                              X