Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years ago on a lease in Brady we used to shoot rabbits with our bows and tank jump a few ducks and make camp gumbo. Lol.

Cook them teal like doves. Jalapenos and bacon wrapped over a hot mesquite fire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Not in the pot they aren’t. Teal beat them all. But, what would you know about dat?

18+ years of nothing but duck hunting so I'm sure much more than you baaaawww.........and I sure know about teal's table fare. But a stack of greenheads killed in flooded timber beats them all huntwise baaaawww. Sit down now son!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	24604658

Name:	40 mallets.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	24604659

Name:	IMG_1267.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	24604660

Name:	DaneDaveSkack.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24604661

Name:	Smart.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24604662

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        18+ years of nothing but duck hunting so I'm sure much more than you baaaawww.........and I sure know about teal's table fare. But a stack of greenheads killed in flooded timber beats them all huntwise baaaawww. Sit down now son!

[ATTACH]987469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987470[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987473[/ATTACH]
        I can assure you that I have killed enough in flooded timber in my lifetime to fill many a hunter’s dreams. Probably killed as many deer out of duck blinds as some have killed out of deer stands. Oh, and that was with no guides, dogs, or pay hunts

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
          PH you better not put any money on that your going to lose it. 48-27 Geaux Tigers

I’m a big boy. I can handle losing a little money. It won’t be the first time or the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            I can assure you that I have killed enough in flooded timber in my lifetime to fill many a hunter’s dreams. Probably killed as many deer out of duck blinds as some have killed out of deer stands. Oh, and that was with no guides, dogs, or pay hunts

You misspelled .....I was wrong .....again!"

I bet you were hell on the bootlips and blackjacks in the "flooded" salt cedar timber baaaaawww!...

No guides or pay hunts here either. Just good hunting buddies and long road trips. I did once pay to come down and shoot skycarp in your new backyard.........fun but not my thing.

And duck hunting without a good dog is missing something .
            Last edited by Smart; 01-11-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I need to go get the waders for this week's thread.

Comment

[ATTACH]987469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987470[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987473[/ATTACH]
                Very nice. This was our hole. Usually has lots or mallards and woodies this time of year but nothing but teal this year and lots of them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                  Very nice. This was our hole. Usually has lots or mallards and woodies this time of year but nothing but teal this year and lots of them.

Very nice ....those late season green wingers always made for a fun shoot in the trees..

Comment

Wood ducks aren't very good right? Kinda greasy?

Best chicken fried.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Best chicken fried.

I’ve been told they are very good, but I’ve only had mallard, teal and pintail.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        I’ve been told they are very good, but I’ve only had mallard, teal and pintail.
                        What's up brother?

I'm not a duck hunter. I have duck hunted some but not an expert by any means.

Comment

You misspelled .....I was wrong .....again!"

I bet you were hell on the bootlips and blackjacks in the "flooded" salt cedar timber baaaaawww!...

No guides or pay hunts here either. Just good hunting buddies and long road trips. I did once pay to come down and shoot skycarp in your new backyard.........fun but not my thing.

And duck hunting without a good dog is missing something .
                          I once had a red cur that treed squirrels, coons, and retrieved ducks. killed so many in the sloughs we used to drag them out in burlap sacks with bricks in the bottom so we could sink them in case mr green jeans showed up. Woodies, mallards, pintails, teal.... all were good. Way before steel and tungsten. May have even known a few old timers catching them on bream hooks baited with popcorn hanging above the water in those sloughs. Saw my dad pickup 27 geese after three shots with an old JC Higgins 16ga bolt action. That’s when the geese and ducks made it south. And, we had real cold fronts. Not this panzy arse weather we have now. I have seen it so cold you could shoot into a group of wood ducks and they would not even fly off. They would swim in circles keeping the water from freezing around them. Geese flying so low in the cold and fog they would hit grain silos and break their necks. Yea.... I have experienced a few things.

Comment

What's up brother?

I'm not a duck hunter. I have duck hunted some but not an expert by any means.

Me either. Been 4 times in my life. They always have to tell me which ducks to shoot. ��
                            Last edited by oktx; 01-11-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Shootout started early at The Benz.

Comment

Best chicken fried.

Woodies are higher on the duck table fare list than most. ...

Comment

Working...
                                X