Electronic Varmint Calls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Varmint Calls??

What are you guys using and what have you had good luck with? Thinking about upgrading my electronic caller. I have a foxpro fury 2 maybe or something like that and its JUNK.

I have hated it since i had it. it was a $300 plus call and it eats batteries and the remote constantly freezes up.

Just curious to see what you guys are using. I know its not just me with the foxpro got a few other buddies that are big into varmint hunting and there foxpros are hit or miss.

I have been contemplating just using my iPhone and a Bluetooth speaker lately , build your own playlist

Comment

I just ordered the Convergent Bullet from Jason at Outdoor Legacy. I am looking forward to trying it out. I have an OLD foxpro that has done me well but the Bullet is supposed to sound awesome and have a fully range of sound. It also has a built in rechargeable battery.

Comment

I have been running the Foxpro Shockwave for several years without any issues on the caller or the remote. I run rechargeables and call in some very cold temperatures.
        Foxpro is coming out I believe this month with a new call that looks like the Shockwave but has even more powerful speakers than mine and I think mine are plenty loud, which is needed in the type of open country I call in.

Comment

Lucky Duck.

Comment

I've always had good luck with FoxPro. But if you want something different I'd go with Johnny Stewart calls. Primos doesn't have very good sound quality and Western Rivers is junk. I've heard good things about the Lucky Duck calls but don't have any experience with those.

Comment

fox pro from Allpreadatorcalls,com

Comment

My FoxPro is awesome and brings em in. Made in America. Have you thought about contacting them about your junk?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe try some mouth calls.

Comment

Dang you boys is picky! I started out with Burnham Bros. hand calls, then 8-track tapes, then cassettes played in a K-mart Panasonic tape player with 6 c batteries, alll these new fangled calling machines are great!

Comment

I would use hand calls as they produce a more realistic sound than the e-callers on the market today. We hope to be marketing the Ultracaller early 2020 which will be the first electronic caller to produce ultrasonic sounds as do most mammals.
                      The only way to determine sound quality is to play sound on an oscilloscope and one can see the sound frequencies (waves)...kinda gives you a photo of a particular sound. None of the e-callers on the market today go over 18,000 Hz, canines hear to 45,000 Hz and felines to 64,000 Hz. A baby cottontail will go over 90,000 Hz and simple lip squeak over 40,000 Hz. Ultracaller is producing frequencies in the 45,000 to 47,000 Hz.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Lucky Duck.
                        Same^^^^^

Comment

Convergent bullit

Very loud, packs up nice, can be 50 plus yards away to run it.

Really like it.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                            I would use hand calls as they produce a more realistic sound than the e-callers on the market today. We hope to be marketing the Ultracaller early 2020 which will be the first electronic caller to produce ultrasonic sounds as do most mammals.
                            The only way to determine sound quality is to play sound on an oscilloscope and one can see the sound frequencies (waves)...kinda gives you a photo of a particular sound. None of the e-callers on the market today go over 18,000 Hz, canines hear to 45,000 Hz and felines to 64,000 Hz. A baby cottontail will go over 90,000 Hz and simple lip squeak over 40,000 Hz. Ultracaller is producing frequencies in the 45,000 to 47,000 Hz.
                            Adios,
                            Gary
                            Any chance of you becoming a sponsor to the site in the future?

Comment

Yes Sir, when we get them into production. Three years and many thousand of dollars engineering this one. It will be great to see some money coming back this way.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X