Anybody into RC trucks/cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody into RC trucks/cars?

Now that the season is over(for me), I can look forward to a little more free time[emoji849]. I’ve been reading online and YT videos about RC rock crawlers. I recently bought an Axial Trail Honcho, and it should be in today. I was into RC about 12 years ago, but it was all nitro stuff. Gonna dabble in electric, and could use some advice or tips; chargers, batteries, motors, ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a fleet of Traxxas Slash Stadium Trucks for me and the kids. Electric is the only way to go anymore unless you just want one of those massive 1/6th scale desert buggies.

My random thoughts:

Batteries have been hit and miss for us. Some of the name brand ones don't hold a charge very long and some of the generic do. Just seems like there isn't much consistency. We have a mixture of Lipo and Nimh batteries.

My kids cars are brushed motors and plenty fast for them. I've got a brushless in mine and it's overkill but fun.

A Nice (and fast) charger is worth the money.

Be ready to replace parts. We break something on average every 2-3 times running them but that might be a little less since you are looking at crawlers. Ours usually break from hitting something full speed.

Comment

I borrowed some lectric stuff from a buddy about a year ago when I thought about getting into it again. I cant believe how fast those things were. He advised me about breaking parts and not to worry about it if it happened. Twice the 'truggy' center punched a pine tree at 40 and nothing broke.

They sure a lot different than back in the day

Comment

Yep. Traxxas Stampede. 2 wd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2215.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	24604986

Name:	IMG_2214.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	24604985

Also have the stock body,,, and a ‘66 F-150 body I painted to match the truck I had in school.

Comment

Name:	IMG_2463.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	24604990

Name:	IMG_2464.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24604991

I strongly recommend Traxxas, they are simple to rebuild WHEN you crash it...and plenty of upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            [ATTACH]988189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]988190[/ATTACH]

I strongly recommend Traxxas, they are simple to rebuild WHEN you crash it...and plenty of upgrades.
            We got a stampede for each one of our boys, but they are all stock.

Comment

By boy has a Traxxas Stampede that is brushless and I sprung for the Lipo batteries. Stupid fast is all I can say....

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                By boy has a Traxxas Stampede that is brushless and I sprung for the Lipo batteries. Stupid fast is all I can say....

2s? I’m looking at some 5200mah but I’m concerned they won’t fit the tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother has a Traxxas that goes up-to 70mph it’s crazy fast to the point it’s not even controlable but it’s fun to see. It pops wheelies as soon as you gun it. It’s wicked fast.

Comment

Got my boy a Traxxas LaTrax Teton 4wd suv..

It's awesome! Fast, easy to drive, tough, and accessories are cheap and accessible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a like new Traxxas Slash 4x, 2 Lipo batteries and charger I'm about to put on the market if anyone is interested.

Couldn't get my grandson to love it like I'd hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        I have a like new Traxxas Slash 4x, 2 Lipo batteries and charger I'm about to put on the market if anyone is interested.

Couldn't get my grandson to love it like I'd hoped.

Price?

Comment

I'm into rc boats, but have a mini losi buggy that kills it a drag racing. Don't think I've lost a race yet. Also picked up a couple of nitro track cars the other day, but haven't had time to unlock them and fire'um up.

Comment

I have an original RC10 buggy that I used to race at RCHQ in SA every week. Great pass time.

Comment

Got 2 trucks and a boat. Pretty fun when they are in 1 piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X