No announcement yet.

Dog containment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dogs kept digging so i got one in addition to the wood fence. It worked great on one dog. The other one would get close enough for the warning beep to start, then he would lay down and go to sleep until the battery went dead. When the beep quit he get up and commence digging

Comment

Originally posted by smithwr View Post
      my dogs kept digging so i got one in addition to the wood fence. It worked great on one dog. The other one would get close enough for the warning beep to start, then he would lay down and go to sleep until the battery went dead. When the beep quit he get up and commence digging

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
        My dogs kept digging so i got one in addition to the wood fence. It worked great on one dog. The other one would get close enough for the warning beep to start, then he would lay down and go to sleep until the battery went dead. When the beep quit he get up and commence digging
        Not funny but funny

Comment

Got any pictures of this wild beast? I use a shock collar and put up and electric fence for a lab-border collie mix. it was the only way I could get her to stop. She got popped by the dog E fence and she just kept on going. I bought the horse ******* and that one got it done. She wouldnt even go near any wire anywhere after that. I was able to turn it off and just leave the wire and she never left again.

Comment

Can you not type *******? S-h-o-c-k-e-r

Comment

My girlfriend has a blue heeler and a golden retriever that wear the collars for the invisible fence system and it shuts them down they wont leave the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                Can you not type *******? S-h-o-c-k-e-r
                I’m offended!!

Comment

My friend's lab would hang around the house until the neighborhood turkeys rambled through then he would be gone. I don't know what brand it was, but once he installed the system that dog would just sit down and watch them walk by.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                    My friend's lab would hang around the house until the neighborhood turkeys rambled through then he would be gone. I don't know what brand it was, but once he installed the system that dog would just sit down and watch them walk by.

Neighborhood turkeys would be tough to resist [emoji23]

Comment

Shock collar will solve your problem
                      No getting away from that thing

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                        Obviously these are meant to keep dogs in but can they also serve to keep dogs out? We don’t mind letting our dog have run of the yard but we’re trying to find a way to keep him off the porch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        They do make one for that purpose.
                        Buy the Pawz Away® Outdoor Pet Barrier in the official PetSafe® store for your pet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our neighbor used to have a basset hound that would run through the barrier. Yelping and screaming the whole time, and he wouldn't go near their yard again until neighbors came to get him. Pretty funny watching him run through it. You could tell exactly when it was busting his butt. He'd yelp, hit the ground, jump up screaming and yelping running as fast as he could until he got far enough away.

Comment

Im in my second one in abt 8yrs.... love them, greatest invention and investment ever..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a normal dog they work great. If you’ve got a tough as nails breed like a GSP or German Shepherd that has a prey drive, it won’t do much if they want to chase something. Mine would sit there and smell something in the shocking zone for 5-10 seconds, you could see it making his neck twitch but he didn’t mind it for a little while.

As was said, if they run through it after something, they won’t cross it to come back into the yard.

There may be better ones than what I had, a hunting collar turned up to max would get my dogs attention even when he was chasing something. That was in the water though so I don’t know if it made it stronger.

Comment

Working...
                              X