Purina Antlermax 20% vs Lyssy Eckel Deer 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purina Antlermax 20% vs Lyssy Eckel Deer 20

ive been feedeing antlermax 20% for 3 years now and was wandering what yalls thoughts are to switching to Lyssy Eckel deer 20. They both seem to be top of the line; so is there a difference or so close it dosent matter? here are the ingredients

Are they both available at the same store?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      Are they both available at the same store?
      no, but i can get it

Comment

LE would be my choice. I wanted to and planned on going with them because their label/ingredients are better then anything I compared it to.

Only reason I didnt is because I thought it was a mimimal difference for $1.75 more and 18 miles out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
          no, but i can get it
          If the cost difference to get either is negligible I would put two feeders 50 feet apart and fill one with each. Whichever they ate more of over a month is what I would go with.

Comment

If the cost difference to get either is negligible I would put two feeders 50 feet apart and fill one with each. Whichever they ate more of over a month is what I would go with.
            Like that idea alot

Comment

If they are eating the Purina and the cost difference isn't an issue, I wouldn't switch.

Comment

thx ill try that i think
                they have always ate the crap outta the purina so it will be interesting. i might leave it out a few months so they can get use to the LE so it will be a fair battle

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
                  LE would be my choice. I wanted to and planned on going with them because their label/ingredients are better then anything I compared it to.

Only reason I didnt is because I thought it was a mimimal difference for $1.75 more and 18 miles out of the way.
                  ill check to see my pricing options and compare, thank you

i just still wander if LE ingredients are slightly better than purina or the other way around. im not an expert so i dont know what the best ingredients are?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    ill check to see my pricing options and compare, thank you

i just still wander if LE ingredients are slightly better than purina or the other way around. im not an expert so i dont know what the best ingredients are?
                    To me the mineral count/amount is the most crucial. That is really the only other thing to compare besides protein/fat/fiber which are mostly all too slow for any difference. Minerals is where they vary

Comment

here is my feedback. I hunt ranches where they swear that LE produces better antler . . . I hunt just as many that say AM does. I also hunt ranches that say their deer won't eat one or the other.

I'd try em and see what your deer like. Mine wouldn't touch LE and hammer AM like no ones business, I'm convinced that it doesn't make one better then the other.

Comment

I like LE, but then again my deer eat it. I also like what LE does with changing the formula throughout the year. They actually have four formulas regular, pre-rut, rut, post-rut. They change the carbohydrates and fat content by the time of year. I am not sure what that means but it sounds fancy so I like it! JK!

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                          here is my feedback. I hunt ranches where they swear that LE produces better antler . . . I hunt just as many that say AM does. I also hunt ranches that say their deer won't eat one or the other.

I'd try em and see what your deer like. Mine wouldn't touch LE and hammer AM like no ones business, I'm convinced that it doesn't make one better then the other.
                          Thx for input

I haven't bought any of the whole pre rut, rut and post rut antlermax has to offer either. I just feed 20% year round. Is anyone convinced to run all different types per time of year or just stick with 20% and call it good

Comment

I'm no expert but I have been feeding for 9 years at my place. I would not get to hung up on the protein % or the manufacturer other than you need to buy feed from a well known company. Like Txdukkr said sometimes the deer take to a different manufac. When I bought my ranch I continued using L&E because that is what they were feeding. I continued for 3 years and the deer did not seem to be eating that much nor was I impressed with the results. I switched to ADM feed and I have not looked back and that was 6 years ago.
                            By the way I only feed 17% on a year round basis.

Comment

Antler Max 20 vs Rak Attack with cinnaguard help

Does anyone know the difference between these two protein pellets?

purina Antler Max (deer 20) vs Rak Attack with Cinnaguard

One is 500 a ton and one is 700 a ton. Any know the real nutritional difference between the two? We are located near baton rouge Louisiana. we are an 800 acre high fence for whitetail and axis. which one do y'all prefer? thank you!!! Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X