QD Mount Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QD Mount Suggestion

I'm mounting a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 on a LaRue PredatAR 5.56. I'd like to use a quick detach mount because my thermal rides on this gun too.

Which quality QD mount would you suggest to fit the 1 inch Swaro?

No help on the mount. I say just buy a new gun and keep thermal on one and Swaro on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by bdphunt View Post
      No help on the mount. I say just buy a new gun and keep thermal on one and Swaro on the other.
      ha ha ha. I like the plan but my wallet doesn't!

Comment

Would you be confident in your zero after removing and replacing your scope for cleaning reasons or whatever. That's the same as a QD. I have no trust in them, especially with a high dollar scope likeyours. What would be the point?

Comment

I use American Defense, they are pricey but the return to zero is good.

Comment

I used theirs on my nemo swapping from thermal to rifle scope and always maintained zero. Just put it back in the same spot on the pic rail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve use Larue mounts on several rifles. Only had one that did not return to zero and it was only less than 1/2” off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use Zro delta. I can’t remember if they make a 1” or not though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use ADM on all my rifles that get QD mounts. Currently running an NX8 1-8 in a NF non QD Unimount that I swap with thermal constantly. It works well, but I’m probably about to throw it an an ADM mount so I don’t have to use my torque wrench everytime I mount it. I carry a Borka Field Kit at all times, so I can swap optics in about 2 minutes with proper torque, but it’s still a PITA.

If I was shopping for a QD Mount today it would be Geiselle or Bobro at the very top of the list, then ADM right underneath them. NF and Sphur both make excellent non QD mounts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Would you be confident in your zero after removing and replacing your scope for cleaning reasons or whatever. That's the same as a QD. I have no trust in them, especially with a high dollar scope likeyours. What would be the point?

Yes do it all the time. Tired of packing my torque wrench so going QD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X