First time shooting a bar hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time shooting a bar hog

Shot this guy tonight. No ears and no jewels. The last picture he is laying in front of a ranger for size reference. Decent size pig.

Not sure why the pictures keep loading upside down.
    Attached Files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have heard of people that will cut a boar, then cut off the ears to make him dog dangerous. With no ears to grab, a catch dog doesn't stand a chance. They do this because they don't like dog hunters.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

I’ve heard of it being done, this is my first time seeing one that has been cut. Glad to get rid of him.

Comment

They are lazy and carry more fat. Usually better table fare

Comment

Nice job. Most my buddies will notch the ears to identify a bar hog, but not remove ears completely. Should be good eatin.

Comment

Here's a barr hog my buddy killed and gave me last year. He had some cutters on him. In exchange for the meat, I did a euro mount for him. Im shur the hog topped #400. He had sides thick enough to make hot smoked bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                  I have heard of people that will cut a boar, then cut off the ears to make him dog dangerous. With no ears to grab, a catch dog doesn't stand a chance. They do this because they don't like dog hunters.
                  Learn something new every day.....................

Comment

Lol go post those pics on face book ^^

Comment

Cut and release used to be common down in the thicket and around Lufkin, Red Town. Had an old coon huntin buddy down there that did it and then go back in the winter and catch/kill the barr hogs. They put on a lot of weight and fat after cutting and are way mo better eating.

Comment

Nice dental equipment, fuglyazz tongue !

Comment

An older man I worked for a few years ago would trap hogs on his lease in SW Arkansas and kill the sows and cut the young boars for meat hogs and let them get fat off the land. He said that was the way his elders did it. Ive also heard a dominate boar will hook and cut a young boar. Although I've never seen evidence of it.

Nice hog for shur though. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                            Never heard that before

What I have heard and know of being done is for the boars that are caught are cut and then tail and ears docked so the deer hunters could tell which ones were barr hogs

It is true that a hog with no ears and a little bit of cutter can work a pack of dogs over
                            Just never knew anyone did that to get back at hog doggers

Comment

They remove the ears on them in Georgia. Not really common, but it happens. I shot one of the anteaters a few years ago. He was a pain to handle dead with no ears to hang on to.

Comment

Working...
                              X