Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring

who has one and what do you think about it?

following. ive been researching camera/security systems for couple weeks now.

Comment

I like ours. Took a while to get the settings correct so leaves or cars going by didn’t trigger it. Nice to see when packages have been delivered. I rarely use it to talk to anyone at my door. It takes a few seconds to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like it.

Comment

Nope. Too many reports of them being easily hacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We use the doorbell and it really helps out with anti-solicitation. I can talk from in the house, through my phone, to the front door and say, 'no thanks.' That, and if someone I don't know is at the house and I'm not I can screenshot it on my phone (poor man's recording software). Really versatile.

Comment

I have the ring door bell on my house plus the ring security camera. I love them. I also have the ring on my moms house next door.

The ring saved my butt 2 years ago.
              The FEDEX guy came to the door well after dark. My kids opened the door and my weimar ran out. The fedex guy pet my dog and talked about how sweet she was. When he was walking away he stepped on her paw. She yelped and bit him.
              He called the cops and said my dog attacked him. He filed a lawsuit against my home owners insurance.
              When I talked to the cops and lawyers I mentioned the Ring door bell had all the video of what happened.
              I showed the video and the case was dropped.
              Cops and lawyers said with out that video I would not have come out on top.

Comment

I have the Ring Flood light cam really like it and the ring doorbell both are great..

Comment

my dad just got one and he loves it.

Comment

They are really fun to startle the wife when she goes out the front door.

Mine works pretty good, I'm still trying to figure out how to keep cars driving by from triggering it and sending me alerts 50 times a day.

Comment

USPS has app to show upcoming mail and pckg delivery

Comment

I've had one for about a year. I like it. My kids are just now old enough to leave home alone for awhile. Ring helps me know who comes to door and doesn't require kids to interact if someone rings the bell. If someone rings the bell, I answer through my phone. I can also open app and see who is parked in the drive way or if the lawn guys are done yet.

Comment

I have 2 of the Ring Flood light cams. Took the gate unit down it was a huge pain with dogs etc. The front door unit is better and we keep up with mail and packages.......

Comment

Big Ring fan here. I got one last Halloween just to see if it worked. It's my favorite tech gadget I have ever bought. $100. I did the $10 a year cloud saving the videos deal and can activate the camera from my phone. Really cool app. It links up with other Ring users in your area and you can see whats going on in your area.

About two months ago I had a clogged pipe in my utility room that resulted in having to tear out my hardwood floors in my living/dining/hallway. My insurance company asked me if I would use their Gold Star approved contractors. I said sure so I won't have to manage the job. A two week job took a month. I had to fire the contractors and hire another guy to finish up.

That Ring doorbell lets you know when they come and go. A little time clock persay. When things started going south I would call the GC and ask how things were going. "Oh I was just there, everything is good." I knew he was never there and let him dig his own grave continuing to lie to me.

I am a fan.

Comment

I have the floodlight cam above my garage, and I like seeing who drives up when I am away. The only problem is when spiders or wasps light on it and trigger false alarms, but this is not a huge problem. Sensitivity is good but the video hangs up pretty regularly and is jumpy.

I plan on getting the doorbell.

I can recommend the floodlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X