New rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rifle

I've been a quarter bore whore for a long time. 25-06 and the 257 Bob have been my pillars of death. Yesterday I picked up a rem 700 cdl sf in the deadly 257 weatherby. I've always wanted one but never seemed to get it chambered in the right rifle. Here it is.

Here is the weatherby 110 accubond next to a 180 gr 300 win

Congrats on joining the double-radius shoulder club............happy brass hunt. We'll be loading 115 Bergers in my dad's MkV later this month, it shoots the Accubonds OK. Anything out of the .257 Weatherby is brutal on whitetail.

Stu

Comment

Nice, I love mine! Was that the one on thf?

Comment

Got one in a weatherby love mine...

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
          Nice, I love mine! Was that the one on thf?
          Yes sir

Comment

Stud. Ive been eyeing a 257 wby for a while, my dad shoots a Model70 FW in a 257Rob. and loves it. .25 are mean on whitetails

Comment

Man, I have looked at that rifle many times and never pulled the trigger for some reason. Here I am again asking myself why I never got one?!? Guess this is now next on the to do list, lol

Comment

I am working on loads for my custom Czech mauser 25-06 with 24" barrel right now. I'm getting to be a quarter bore fan slowly but surely.

Comment

I love that model. I have a vanguard in .257. If you buy factory ammo don't over look the spitzers they shoot great from my rifle and are not to badly priced. I reload 100 grain NBT's in mine. Haven't shot anything but paper and bottles with the reloads. I know that cats,crows,coons, possums and anything else I have hit with the 100 grain spitzers, 87 grain spire points or 80 grain ttsx have done nothing but lay down. Can't use it for deer here but wish I could.

Comment

Love my .257. Shot this biggun in the shoulder ( aiming for the neck and jerked the shot). Big SOB didn't even take a step. It's a deadly round

Comment

New rifle

Comment

Shoots good 396 yards 2 shots 3" apart. I'm sure I pulled the shot a bit to the right.

Comment

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nice rifle!

Comment

Working...
                            X