Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a government job, so the answer to that question is nope. But they do give me Christmas Day off work. Nice of them.

Comment

Some guy gave $10 million to his employees...

Averaging 50k....
      .that's awesome

Comment

Get a bonus every Christmas. Wading Coast fishing trip( that I guide) but they pay in full for all our guys, pay fuel cost. Our company owner has a deer lease they take us to every year for dove, doe, and a cannon truck that shoot out a bunch of chucka, quail, and pheasant. All free beer. Pretty sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
          Yippie!!! Got a bonus.
          Excellent, congrats!

Comment

Good thread...I was actually thinking about this exact thing, then saw your post. I’ve been in the midstream sector for 21 years and been blessed enough to receive one every year. I had no idea it was all over the place until I read this.

Comment

My boss gave me a good bottle of whiskey. Drinking it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Odd man out here sounds like. Work for a small company, owner is a great guy, we get quarterly bonuses depending on business. I’ve been here 9 years, only saw two guys leave. One went back to his old job (had a great $$$ offer) and the other came back within 4-5 months. Blessed to be where I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I get a year-end bonus based off of my personal performance. It’s really nice, but the benchmarks were changed this year which reduced it considerably.

Comment

I guess Im in the minority too. Work for a utility marking product manufacturer. Small 180ish employee company. We hold 85% of the US market share for marking products. Crime scene tape, caution tape, utility flags, etc.

Company puts 20% of monthly profits into the “bonus pool”. Bonus pool is used for our Christmas party ($60k) and annual bonuses.

Last years bonus pool was +/- $400k. Next year, our goal is 500k.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      I only have one full time guy and have been trying to decide whether I should or not. The comments above dont help my thoughts about it. He has asked if I am giving a bonus and I told him I dont know and hadnt even considered it previously. He has worked it into a couple of conversations since. My problem is that we are very, very slow. In the past 6 weeks or so I havent had a full work load and have only had enough work to have him around 30hrs/week ( it varies ) but have been paying him for 40hrs. ( hourly )

I am kinda looking at it like its kinda greedy to want a bonus when clearly we are not doing well, and quite frankly feel like he should just be happy he is getting paid for 40hrs when he isnt working it. Cost me thousands doing that so far...
                      Anybody have any ideas on this? Not sure what to do honestly

Comment

If my boss was paying me for 40 hours when i only worked 32, id shake his hand and be very appreciative. The last thing i would do is ask for more money.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                          If my boss was paying me for 40 hours when i only worked 32, id shake his hand and be very appreciative. The last thing i would do is ask for more money.
                          I agree - it seems like you are a good boss & you are already giving him a bonus.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. What sort of prompted this thread was that our belated boss man (before he passed away) was known for giving out generous bonuses here. Since he's gone we weren't sure if boss lady would consider us worthy enough. I'm very grateful for employment here and didn't come based on anything in regards to bonuses. Life out here on the ranches is not easy. Extras are definitely appreciated but not expected.

Comment

You’ve already paid him over a week’s worth of unearned wages out of you own pocket. The fact that he had the gall to ask about a bonus under the current circumstances would infuriate me to no end and absolutely preclude the possibility of a bonus. I would (professionally, of course) remind him of the current business climate and explain that profits are currently being used to subsidize weekly pay.

If he’s a squared-away guy who makes a solid hand when business is steady, he’ll understand and probably feel a bit ashamed for asking (and rightly so).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hospital is twice a year unit wide based on your title and if we hit our goals. It's nice incentive to hit the goals they pound into our heads. It sucks because it's based off of others performance as well that you can't control and it's on a sliding scale so bonus can be pretty good if we hit all our marks. Doesn't always happen at the max but a
                                few hundred bucks every 6 months is very common.
                                Side gig is home health. They take us out for a real nice meal and usually give en envelope with cash or a check as well as a goody bag with a few hundred bucks worth of top shelf alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                                X