pros and cons about different shooting sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pros and cons about different shooting sticks

In the market for a good set of shooting sticks (bi-pods). Kinda like the Primos trigger stick bi-pods but don't have a lot of experience with any of the different units. Want to be able to use them standing so up to 60 or so inches in height is needed. Also looked at the bog pod death grip. Anyone have any good or bad about these or other similar units?

I bought the bogpod deathgrip a few weeks back for my daughter to shoot off of. She is 6 and I wanted something to hold the weight of the rifle for her. It was money well spent! You can use them laying prone all the way to standing. Lots of adjustment and holds the rifle real solid. She was able to put her first two shots off it with the holes touching each other and ended up shooting her first deer off of it the next day. Only con would be they weigh 8 lbs unless you get the carbon model. But I was too cheap lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive used these for a few years and theyve held up pretty well. Veteran owned and made in USA
      The best shooting stick, bipod, & tripod, all in one.

Ive also used the primos trigger stick and the regular
      bogpod and they havent lasted as long
      Last edited by altez; 12-08-2019, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I picked up the primo bipod trigger stick gen 3 24”-61” the other day to use in a pop-up. Haven’t had a chance to hunt with it yet but I’ve been wearing it out all over the backyard with my pellet gun. It’s pretty neat. I’m 6’3” and maxed out it’s a perfect standing rest. Bog deathgrip looks awesome but I thought it would be too cumbersome in a pop-up.

Comment

I have the Primos trigger stick and the Bog Deathgrip carbon.

If you want it to be mobile I’d get the trigger stick. If you want it just for stand hunting or stationary hunting the Deathgrip is solid as a rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trigger stick for sure. It's best for mountain hunts and it has the quick detachment for the spotting scope

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Depends on how you plan on hunting. For moving around and stalking I use my trigger sticks. For stationary I use a tripod with the Kopfjager head. Which is similar to the death grip just pricier and better quality. Also something I do sometimes is bring my glassing tripod with me on spot and stalk hunts and switch out the mount with a gun yoke when I am ready to shoot. Saves me from carrying that tripod and shooting sticks around. I rarely find the need to shoot standing up if ever. So you can save some weight if you are okay with something shorter.

Comment

Mostly mobile spot and stalk with a thermal. The trigger stick bipod looks to be what I need but just don’t know enough about all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                    I bought the bogpod deathgrip a few weeks back for my daughter to shoot off of. She is 6 and I wanted something to hold the weight of the rifle for her. It was money well spent! You can use them laying prone all the way to standing. Lots of adjustment and holds the rifle real solid. She was able to put her first two shots off it with the holes touching each other and ended up shooting her first deer off of it the next day. Only con would be they weigh 8 lbs unless you get the carbon model. But I was too cheap lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I bought the same for the same reason. They are a little heavy, but they are well built.

Comment

I just use BogPod

Comment

Working...
                      X