Buying a 2500HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a 2500HD

I'm looking at buying a 2010 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ Z71. Its clean with good records. Just over 110,000 on the 6.0 gas. I dont want a diesel due to cost efficiency of a gas vs diesel. The 6.0 will have plenty of power I need. They are asking around 19k. Thoughts? Good, ok? Anyone hace that year model?

I had a 2008 6.0. Got about 11 mpg. Diesel I have now gets 23. I'll never own another gasser.

Comment

I’ve had 4 6.0s and my brother in law had one as well. Running 70? 11 mpg. Running 90? 10.8 mpg. Running 55? 11.2 mpg. Lol but they were **** good trucks that didn’t give me any issues whatsoever. I made an emergency run from Darby MT to Lubbock pulling a 16’ flatbed doing 95 the whole way. Kept that truck at 4K+ rpms for 23 hours straight without ever turning it off, and only stopping for fuel. I was pretty sure that truck wasn’t going to last much longer after that trip, but it made it another 60k without issue before I replaced it.

Comment

Just had to buy another truck due to my 09 Duramax getting flooded. I bought a gas truck with the 5.3 thinking I did not need a diesel anymore. The 5.3 is a ****. I will be buying another diesel soon. I guess I didn't realize the difference would be as big. Would consider a 6.0 gas but the mpg sucks so I guess its back to diesel.

Comment

Gas mileage on the 6.0 is not that good. MY SO has a 2500HD and she is lucky to get 12.5 on the hwy. She does have a heavy foot and loves her flowmasters barking. My new High Country 4x4 with the 6.2 really surprised me. First 281 miles averaged 18+ and at times got 20+ on the hwy.
          18K sounds high for an 08 model. Bump up to a newer model with the 6.2.
          According to Wards the 6.2l is the best of the best in gas engines.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I've had several 6.0 and they are good trucks. Like others have said the only problem is the fuel mileage. They are very strong trucks. I pull a 24' cattle trailer with 12 momma cows in mine all the time!

Comment

They are solid trucks, that 6.0 will outlast the rest of the truck. Couple buddies have had several over the years, drove them like they stole them, even while pulling fairly heavy. They usually sell them at 300k miles or turn them into farm rigs. One that’s still around is an 04 with north of 400k on it.

Comment

Working...
                X