Selling a timeshare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a timeshare

We bought a timeshare back in 2014, with the sole purpose of it "making" us take more vacations, and it has.

With our new found love of diving, we are now drawn to resorts that cater to scuba divers, and there are very few, in our timeshare network, so we're not using it much anymore.

In the last three or four months, I've gotten at least six calls from companies offering to buy it. They all sound legit, but with so many scams working these days, I'm weary of just about all phone calls.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these companies?
    How do I know if they're a legitimate buyer, or just another scammer?

Hey I recognize that picture! Unless you are soliciting those calls I would be hesitant. Doesn't hurt to get the company name and do some research and then call back on their listed/published phone number rather than the one you were called from.

Comment

We're in the same boat. We purchased a time share about 10 years ago, but have not used it at all in over a year. I'd like to sell it, if anyone has some tips of knowledge of the process. PM if you would prefer.

Comment

I don't have personal experience with this site but a friend who has a timeshare in cabo has used it. They bragged about it enough we got very close to buying one using the site.

redweek.com

I will add they bought the original timeshare off ebay of all places and have traded up 2x using redweek

Comment

If you can get $1 & out of the contract, consider yourself fortunate!

Comment

Dave Ramsey endorses “Time Share Exit Team”. I don’t know anything about them, but if he endorses it then hopefully it’s a legitimate company.

Comment

my wife came home one day and told me we should go on a vacation her coworker was setting up for us on a timeshare, and we should consider purchasing one while there so we can vacation more......that conversation was dead in its tracks RIGHT THERE.
              Good luck to you on selling it sir.

Comment

Had one for quite a few years, ours was every other year. Only used it like 3 times.

I contacted the company we had it through and “gave it back” to them. They told me they didn’t have to take it back, but they did. I just wanted to get out of the $250 maintenance fee I got billed for every other year.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  my wife came home one day and told me we should go on a vacation her coworker was setting up for us on a timeshare, and we should consider purchasing one while there so we can vacation more......that conversation was dead in its tracks RIGHT THERE.
                  Good luck to you on selling it sir.
                  I'm a sucker for free stuff. That's how we got roped into the original presentation.
                  The very first thing that I told our salesman, "I'm not buying this $h1t".
                  He said, "OK, then we'll make this quick, get your breakfast and gift vouchers, and get you out of here."

4 hours later, the numbers really did make sense, and we bought it.
                  We would NOT have bought it if we couldn't have paid cash for it.
                  We did use it ... until we started diving.
                  The other "getaways" that they offer with it, are pretty amazing too.

So, if I don't sell it, I won't be heartbroken ... we do use it.

Comment

SMH for anyone who buys one. Best of luck

Comment

ts

last year was the first time that we let points expire. we use it a lot to trade through RCI to go down to New braunsfels.

Comment

I think your going to have a hard time selling it.

The only timeshare I would be interested in is DVC (Disney).

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Just full of useful information, as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Thanks so much for your always useless opinion.

As always, it appears that you read the post title, and none of the content.

Sent from my SM-A600AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

My folks bought one, as it stands it would cost my mom almost 3k to get out of it, she can’t sell it cause no one wants to buy them. They changed the way hers operates and it’s like a hotel setup now. When my dad passed she had the option to stop payment for the monthly fees but they talked her into keeping it with the money they were saying she would have to pay to get out. Hers is paid for except the maintenance fees. From what it seems if they offer to buy it it’s pennies on the dollar for what she paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X