No announcement yet.

hunters lost in New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state can’t find a chopper to help?? Something weird about this. I hope that somehow this isn’t a true story but prayers up just in case it is.

Comment

I’m not too familiar with logistics on things like this but how does the state or local government not have a bird for search and rescue?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        I’m not too familiar with logistics on things like this but how does the state or local government not have a bird for search and rescue?
        Agreed. Kirtland AFB has about 2 dozen helicopters and I know from serving there we did occasionally get involved with civilian rescues.

They have the equipment and qualified Para Rescue men on site.

Comment

Ouch......prayers for all involved!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You should forward this to www.alamogordonews.com/ and see if they have heard anything about it. Nothing on their site in regards to this I could find. Seems the state would be all over this. Seems to be a fairly good size city news site, very close to the hunting unit they describe.

Comment

If they are truly lost I pray they are found. Seems really fishy though. As Uncle Saggy mentioned, a few interesting things out there on the internet....

Comment

Sure hope this isn’t real.
                Prayer sent

Comment

I don't know if it's fishy or not but my family and I are snowed in, in
                  Ruidosa, unit 34 with 15 inches +.

Comment

I’ve got a few buddies that fly choppers. It seems that their rigs aren’t set up to fly at 8000+ altitude. Not sure how much more expensive that makes things though.

Comment

I am not finding anything with google.

Comment

I sure hope this isn't true because after 4 days the outcome cant be good, but Google says this might be a bit fishy. If this is the case they are way short of their goal.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

There are a lot of questionable things about this situation. I have spent a lot of time in unit 34 over the last 40 years, and I have never seen more than 18” of snow fall there. Checking the Cloudcroft snow levels, they have 10-15”. Curtis Canyon is about 1000 feet lower in elevation than Cloudcroft and likely has less snow. It is highly unlikely that anywhere in the unit has anywhere near 3-5 feet of snow.
                            There is also a nice road in Curtis Canyon and quite a few cabins around. On top of that, there is no public land cow season open right now. They could be hunting with private land only tags, but then they would have to be on that private land.

I’m hope I am right and nobody is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              Google search was interesting
                              Yes looking up the name of the guy leads to some interesting stuff but nothing about a missing person with three kiddos. Only a gofundme page.....

Comment

Cutter Rogers and his three children ages 11-14 were found after they were reported missing when they didn’t return to their hotel on a hunting trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X