X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing and miss on everything this year.

Back to buying lotto tickets

Comment

Struck out today, but got Hagerman and Laguna Atascosa archery earlier so I can't complain too much.

Comment

Pending 2nd as usual. only 1 draw this year

Comment

Pending 2nd draw on 12 hunts with 17 dates........not selected on two

Comment

drew black gap mule deer. if anyone can share any info i'm all ears.

Comment

not selected on one and pending 2nd draw on a few others. Fingers crossed.

Comment

what is pending second draw?

Comment

Missed out on everything I put in for this year

Good luck to all that we’re drawn

Comment

All 8 of mine for today pending 2nd, can't even draw a hog hunt lol.

Comment

Struck out completely on 14 regular, and 4 E-postcard.

Comment

I struck out on everything this year. First time in awhile. This was a good year to do it though schedule wise for me.

Comment

I am pending 2nd draw for the 20+ year in a row. I have never been drawn for a rifle hunt on public land. I get the archery hunts but never rifle hunts. I don't understand how the points system works if other hunters get selected on the first time they put in.

Comment

I have pending second draw for Black Gap and elephant mountain. What does pending second draw mean?

Comment

It means you didnt selected in the initial group. If someone doesnt pay or accept their hunt, a second drawing will be held.

SECONDARY DRAWING
                              After the initial drawing for a category is conducted and that permit fee due date has passed, unpaid/unaccepted permits may be offered to alternate winners through a second drawing.
                              If you are not selected initially and a secondary drawing is scheduled your application status will read Not Selected – Pending Second Draw.
                              If you are selected for a permit during the secondary draw, a selection notice will be emailed to you and a new permit fee due date will be set.
                              Secondary hunters will be chosen from the same pool of applicants as the initial drawing. It will not be necessary to apply again.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                                I am pending 2nd draw for the 20+ year in a row. I have never been drawn for a rifle hunt on public land. I get the archery hunts but never rifle hunts. I don't understand how the points system works if other hunters get selected on the first time they put in.
                                I suspect the system is heavily weighted towards first time applicants. 8 or so years in a row now I've literally never drawn a single thing, archery or otherwise. I have about 20-25 apps per year depending on schedule. I'm very unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X