Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
    Yes!! We need some updates!
    I went to the lease last weekend to fill corn. No pictures of him on the corn at one feeder. The second closest corn feeder had a camera malfunction in the heat. In the pictures it did take he wasn't there either.

I didn't get to check the camera on the protein pen where he has been hanging out. It takes a ranger or 4-wheeler to get there. And I didn't get time to walk there. My buddy is headed there next weekend to take his camper down, so hopefully will get pictures.

We are allowed to start hunting during the rifle season...... Plus have been covered up at work with research experiments and a grant that is due in the middle of October. After the grant is in, Im headed to Colorado for 2nd season of Elk rifle

I'm interested to see how much velvet he could rub off

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
      I went to the lease last weekend to fill corn. No pictures of him on the corn at one feeder. The second closest corn feeder had a camera malfunction in the heat. In the pictures it did take he wasn't there either.

I didn't get to check the camera on the protein pen where he has been hanging out. It takes a ranger or 4-wheeler to get there. And I didn't get time to walk there. My buddy is headed there next weekend to take his camper down, so hopefully will get pictures.

We are allowed to start hunting during the rifle season...... Plus have been covered up at work with research experiments and a grant that is due in the middle of October. After the grant is in, Im headed to Colorado for 2nd season of Elk rifle

I'm interested to see how much velvet he could rub off

Thanks for the update. He is around somewhere. Acorns are falling and they are THICK.

I would bet he gets 100 percent of his velvet off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Id say hes 4.5

Comment

Thanks, Doc

Comment

Buddy got to check the camera today. Looks like he cleaned himself up completely

I hope he doesn’t break up too much in the next couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post

Buddy got to check the camera today. Looks like he cleaned himself up completely

I hope he doesn’t break up too much in the next couple weeks

Son of a gun [emoji102]! Priceless man, enjoy it.. I hope nothing breaks off as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! Amazing deer.

Comment

I faintly hear a drum roll beginning...

Comment

Sure hope he doesn’t break anything/much off before we encounter him. Million dollar question is, if he does get broken up a bit... Wana roll the dice again!?!?

Man what a LONG but FUN offseason it has been!

Kudos again for letting him walk last season! I’ll never forget seeing the text that morning in the blind when you first laid eyes on him. “Monster Buck at my feeder, but I just can’t get him older than 4 1/2... I’m going to let him walk.”

He was a buck of a lifetime last year for most. This year however, he’s OVER THE TOP! Can’t wait to put my hands on his rack regardless of which of us are lucky enough to smoke him. I just really hope it’s a select few of us who have worked harder than the others to grow a deer like this!

This season is going to be a fun one! ����

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub-Buck View Post
                      Sure hope he doesn’t break anything/much off before we encounter him. Million dollar question is, if he does get broken up a bit... Wana roll the dice again!?!?

Man what a LONG but FUN offseason it has been!

Kudos again for letting him walk last season! I’ll never forget seeing the text that morning in the blind when you first laid eyes on him. “Monster Buck at my feeder, but I just can’t get him older than 4 1/2... I’m going to let him walk.”

He was a buck of a lifetime last year for most. This year however, he’s OVER THE TOP! Can’t wait to put my hands on his rack regardless of which of us are lucky enough to smoke him. I just really hope it’s a select few of us who have worked harder than the others to grow a deer like this!

This season is going to be a fun one! ����
                      Ol Scrub buck is the only other person to see this deer on the hoof last year. We actively searched for sheds several times. Now that it is dried up, we might go on another search.
                      It has been a slow summer anticipating what this deer might do.

He has impressed us all for sure. Gonna be fun watching for him, and all of the next generation of bucks

He still hasn't appeared at a corn feeder this year, but this seems to be what he does.

Comment

Amazing. He has so much going on but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he breaks 200".......by a good margin

Comment

Man this is a great write up.

Comment

Awesome buck man!

Comment

Hope someone catches up with him this year.

Comment

Y’all huntin him this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X