Target Backstop material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Backstop material

What are you guys using for a backstop behind your targets? I have a wood fence that’s behind my target but I often make misses at far distances and it currently punching holes in it. I have some plywood and some additional boxes filled with styrofoam but nothing is stopping those arrows from going through the fence. Pulling them out is pain as well. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always liked it if theres a chance of my arrow being buried in the grass if I miss.

Bale of hay is a pretty good option

Comment

I use a stall mat from Tractor Supply

Comment

Second the stall mat from tractor supply, I attached it to a frame I built that I got the idea for here.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I use a stall mat from Tractor Supply
          Same here. I have two hung side by side. They work great.

Comment

I had one that was carpet hung over a old patio swing frame. Folded carpet in half and hung over (4 layers thick).

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only person to send one through the fence!!

Comment

TSC stall mat

Comment

Free swinging stall mat works great. Swing it by a couple of chains and when the arrow hits it a lot of the energy is absorbed by the mat swinging so it doesn’t go in as far.

Comment

Another one using the TSC stall mat. I have mine hanging from an old swing frame. It also works for a softball pitching backstop for me daughter to practice against.

Comment

I have one of these horse stall mats in my truck bed too, I would have never thought about using it as a backstop. Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                        I have one of these horse stall mats in my truck bed too, I would have never thought about using it as a backstop. Thanks for the ideas!

I have an old rubber truck bed mat from a Tacoma. It works ok, used to work a lot better but it is going on 15 yrs old. It used to stop them with an inch or 2 sticking out the other side. Now the arrows go to the fletching. I may need to buy a new one or look into the stall mat.

Comment

When I had that concern in town with a wood fence I like many others used the stall mat. Hung it on the fence with shelf brackets screwed to the fence and target hung off of the stall mat in the middle of it. Worked well

Comment

Working...
                          X