X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this happened this morning...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job, Swamprabbit. 1000 miles is no small thing.

I'll have to start keep track of mileage to see what it would add up to, I really don't do that muck rucking though, more crossfit and I'm running more so I can do a half marathon in December.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        Good job, Swamprabbit. 1000 miles is no small thing.

I'll have to start keep track of mileage to see what it would add up to, I really don't do that muck rucking though, more crossfit and I'm running more so I can do a half marathon in December.
        That is one reason I signed up for charitychallenges.org. I am somewhat in the minority in that I only track miles on there that I ruck. The majority runs and most track any walking, running, rucking. I am easily at 1500 if I included just walking too. Since I dont run, my miles dont increase as fast as others can as well.

And yeah, 1000 is alot! About 285 hours of rucking.

Comment

Got in around 35+ miles of rucking around southwest Colorado looking for elk... add in about another mile in uphill and another for downhill.

Comment

If any of y'all are interested, looks like GR HQ is planning a 50 mile Star Course in San Antonio next March. They're also going to have a 26.2 and 12 mile option as well.

Added bonus: It's the weekend after the Bataan March.

Click image for larger version

Name:	43122691_10215366033519057_1568871306059841536_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24555559

Comment

I am almost finished here and have completed 167 miles since February.

Comment

Houston in June!!! Thats gonna be warm!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                  this is a bad idea from medical standpoint.. your disc in your lower back will tell you that in a few yrs but dont say I didnt warn you, I see it every day... worst are usually middle age ex military guys from training like this
                  -just get out and use body wt and squats to strengthen legs no more needed..
                  Slow and steady hauling meat back on pack

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    If any of y'all are interested, looks like GR HQ is planning a 50 mile Star Course in San Antonio next March. They're also going to have a 26.2 and 12 mile option as well.

Added bonus: It's the weekend after the Bataan March.

[ATTACH]927489[/ATTACH]
                    Finished my second STAR this year, DC was first one, a few hours ago in Dallas

Second time we’ve finished as a complete team, and pulled off a second place finish in terrible weather.

Comment

Finished my second STAR this year, DC was first one, a few hours ago in Dallas

Second time we’ve finished as a complete team, and pulled off a second place finish in terrible weather.
                      We called it after 32 miles. We were in Irving and no cover from a thunderstorm. I’ll hit the SA 50 if they host it.

Comment

I just stumbled onto this thread and would love to learn more. I like to run but my wife likes to walk so I’ve been thinking about adding weight to my walk. I actually went on my first ruck walk today. Feel free to offer some guidance to a beginner.

Distance - 3 miles
                        Time - 48:31
                        Pace - 16:40
                        Weight - 55#

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          We called it after 32 miles. We were in Irving and no cover from a thunderstorm. I’ll hit the SA 50 if they host it.
                          We must have been very close to y'all. No way we were going to let a little lightning stand between us and a patch.

Did y'all start with the downtown stuff, out to the Arboretum/flag pole Hill, to SMU, Air Museum then make the long movements?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                            I just stumbled onto this thread and would love to learn more. I like to run but my wife likes to walk so I’ve been thinking about adding weight to my walk. I actually went on my first ruck walk today. Feel free to offer some guidance to a beginner.

Distance - 3 miles
                            Time - 48:31
                            Pace - 16:40
                            Weight - 55#
                            What a difference a week makes.
                            Distance - 5.15 miles
                            Time - 1:21:48
                            Pace - 15:53
                            Weight - 55#

Comment

We must have been very close to y'all. No way we were going to let a little lightning stand between us and a patch.

Did y'all start with the downtown stuff, out to the Arboretum/flag pole Hill, to SMU, Air Museum then make the long movements?
                              That's exactly the route we took. How about y'all?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                                What a difference a week makes.
                                Distance - 5.15 miles
                                Time - 1:21:48
                                Pace - 15:53
                                Weight - 55#
                                55# is really heavy for training, but good for you if you can do it injury free. It gets heavy pretty quick.

I do most of my rucks with a 30# plate plus water and gear. Usually 7 miles from my house to the 9AM Crossfit class then 7 miles home after.

Comment

Working...
                                X