Any Luck at Grasslands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Luck at Grasslands?

I was just wondering if anyone has any luck I havent been able to go for a week or so but i will be out there this weekend for the last couple weeks of bow and I also recieved my antlerless deer permit so I am excited about upcomeing gun season. Good luck guys.

a doe was shot last nite by a friend of mine...I'll be there Sat Andrew

Comment

My place is in the middle of LBJ. I saw lots of fresh scrapes, so that should bode well for the grasslands.

randy

Comment

I shot a doe last week, and my buddy shot a buck opening morning. Have seen a few, and they should start moving more cause it is gettting to be that time of year!!

Comment

still waiting on pics of that buck ya know hahahahahaha

Comment

I am trying my hardest man he is out smarting me ) I am hopeing now that it is getting colder I can get him I tryed a diff place there by the south side of 31 by the private property and see some does the week earlier in that spot but nothing tonight I think it was too windy. I am hopeing I can get a morning hunt in on saturday but that will be at grapevine.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
              I am trying my hardest man he is out smarting me ) I am hopeing now that it is getting colder I can get him I tryed a diff place there by the south side of 31 by the private property and see some does the week earlier in that spot but nothing tonight I think it was too windy. I am hopeing I can get a morning hunt in on saturday but that will be at grapevine.
              He's outsmarting ALL of us...getting too much pressure on him

Comment

I'm hoping that the lead flingers will push one or two past my stand Thursday and Friday. I'm going to be home Sat & Sun. I had some shot or slugs passing my head opening weekend 2 years ago and scareing the trees, so I'll let them gun-hunters get their frustrations out opening weekend and then have it to myself the rest of the year (except Thanksgiving and Christmas weekends when they return).
                Yall be safe...

Comment

I WAS going to take my vacation next week and hunt LBJ decided since I had 9 days Im going to go sit on my interstate crossing at Davy Crockett. Got me a reguar freeway crossing a creek with a couple of 4' diameter scrapes about 6" deep

Comment

Well good luck harvey and barn I will be back out at LBJ tommorrow went this evening and only saw 2 young fawns and a good size doe but they stayed on private property side but I am just glad the rut will be picking up here in a couple weeks probably around nov 13th I would say well let me know how you do down there at crockett harvey and I will let you know how I do I am looking at multiple diffrent spots trying to find the deer that is on public but you know how that goes. Well good luck.

Comment

Check out this link

Comment

I saw 4 white tails

I saw four last Thur & Fri, but they were attached to rabbits. I'll give it another try this coming Thursday thru Sun.

Comment

hey barn I will be out there probably sometime during the weekend doing a morning hunt with my shotgun, I was out ther sunday morning and had a guy kill a good buck and shot about 5 ft from me and I was in my ground blind scared the **** out of me and my hunting buddy.

Comment

me too

That's why I wasn't out there Sat or Sun. Same thing happened to me 2 years ago. It scared me and showered me with limbs and leaves. But that's part of Public Lands Hunting.

Comment

Yea I should have listened to you barn but I figured that sunday would be a lil bit quite boyw as I wrong I talk to another bowhunter that had been there since friday, and he said satruday it was a like a party out there people just firing like crazy saturday. LOL Good Luck this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X