Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the education on food plots.

Comment

So i've got some milo coming up pretty good. What do I need to do in August time frame to make it legal to hunt over?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        So i've got some milo coming up pretty good. What do I need to do in August time frame to make it legal to hunt over?

Make sure a plug is in your gun and you buy your license. Lol you should be good. We usually mow it down a week before and leave s few strips standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          Make sure a plug is in your gun and you buy your license. Lol you should be good. We usually mow it down a week before and leave s few strips standing.

Thats it? Hard to see the difference in doing that and not planting at all but dumping out 300# of seed a week before season and hunting over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            Thats it? Hard to see the difference in doing that and not planting at all but dumping out 300# of seed a week before season and hunting over it.

Now you can dump your 300#’s out in the field with mowed down stuff lol and not worry as much! I’m not much of a bird hunter. We used to plant dove fields here in east texas now we just plant for the deer and scatter in some bird seeds.

Comment

Heres a few pics of my summer plots thus far. First two are milo (although you can see spring ix in back of second), third is spring mix. Im very impressed with the progress so far, but im a bit concerned as I broadcast about 170# of fertilizer per acre on Monday and then no rain this week or today. Such a let down.

Comment

Things are finally taking shape. Just a little snap shot of two weeks growth.

Comment

Dang thats good progress. I think I finally got rain on the fertilizer some im excited to see how its progressed.

Comment

I planted two plots of IC peas Friday at my lease and two buckwheat plots today at home. I'm done until fall. For being 10" ahead on rainfall this year, it was sure dry on top in a couple of my plots. Moisture was just an inch deep or so though, so it won't take much rain to get it up and running. I just hope it doesn't stop raining like it did last year.

IC peas
                    Attached Files

Comment

Buckwheat at my bowhunting spot at home.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Updates
                        Attached Files

Comment

update
                          Attached Files

Comment

updated
                            Attached Files

Comment

Maddox, you got it going on !