Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day

With Memorial Day coming up in just a few short days, please remember it is not a holiday for celebration. It is not a day set aside for barbecuing in the back yard, although you most assuredly can. It is not a day set aside for all the menial things we use as an excuse to gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is you do...….., although you most assuredly can

IT IS A DAY SET ASIDE FOR REMEBERANCE.

let us pause, if only for a moment, to remember the sacrifices made by our armed forces. Sacrifices that keep our precious freedoms intact. Sacrifices that allow us the freedom to do the trivial little things everyday that make us who we are, that make us happy, ……… that make us Americans.
    If you do nothing else this coming Monday, remember this "Somebody died for me today. I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

Well said Sir.

Comment

Memorial Day is always a somber day for this old grunt.

June 14, 1971 was a bad day. I lost several friends that day due to an idiot 2nd. Lt.

Lee was our M-60 gunner and a great guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BroennekeLL01c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	24580085

1000 Yard Stare

If you've been there
      you know this well
      the stare of a man
      who's been through hell

in search of a friend
      who can't be found
      only to be told
      he's homeward bound

ain't nuthin' to it
      it don't mean a thing
      another brother flying
      upon silver wings

push it back
      try not to care
      bury the emotion
      with the 1000 yard stare

© Boon 2006

Comment

RIP warriors. Sacrificing everything for a grateful nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
          RIP warriors. Sacrificing everything for a grateful nation.

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
            With Memorial Day coming up in just a few short days, please remember it is not a holiday for celebration. It is not a day set aside for barbecuing in the back yard, although you most assuredly can. It is not a day set aside for all the menial things we use as an excuse to gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is you do...….., although you most assuredly can

IT IS A DAY SET ASIDE FOR REMEBERANCE.

let us pause, if only for a moment, to remember the sacrifices made by our armed forces. Sacrifices that keep our precious freedoms intact. Sacrifices that allow us the freedom to do the trivial little things everyday that make us who we are, that make us happy, ……… that make us Americans.
            If you do nothing else this coming Monday, remember this "Somebody died for me today. I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"
            GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA
            2x

Comment

Thanks for the post. I keep reminding people (mostly in my family) that it isn't Veteran's Day. When my kids were young, I would take them to a Memorial Day event, but there was always some idiot politician that wanted to make it into a "stand up if you served, let's give them a hand" photo op moment.

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by k. Lane View Post
                with memorial day coming up in just a few short days, please remember it is not a holiday for celebration. It is not a day set aside for barbecuing in the back yard, although you most assuredly can. It is not a day set aside for all the menial things we use as an excuse to gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is you do...….., although you most assuredly can

it is a day set aside for remeberance.

Let us pause, if only for a moment, to remember the sacrifices made by our armed forces. Sacrifices that keep our precious freedoms intact. Sacrifices that allow us the freedom to do the trivial little things everyday that make us who we are, that make us happy, ……… that make us americans.
                If you do nothing else this coming monday, remember this "somebody died for me today. I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"

god bless our troops and god bless america

Comment

My wife, for a few years, has put flags at a College friend Fathers' grave at one of the Veteran's grave sites here in Houston. Her friend had to move out of state, so my wife adopted making sure it was taken care of on Memorial Day.
                  Work schedule allowed me to go this year. Wife had found a deal on Flags. She even got a discount from the Target when she told them what she was doing. We were able to cover with flags his whole row. After having helped her? Fighting back some tears? You can dang sure bet, all the kids are coming Next year! KJ
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	flags 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24580279

Comment

Its for the real heroes.

Comment

God Bless America, and thanks to all of our veterans.
                      especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice, and those that have been forever changed.

Comment

Memorial Day

I will be at the Danny Dietz (Operation Red Wings) Memorial Classic tomorrow.
                        Ft Bend County Fairgrounds- BBQ cookoff, car show, rodeo, some great live music, auctions, food, kid stuff..... a great time for all for the greatest cause !!!!
                        Come out and support the Warriors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God Bless our Veterans

Comment

To Mike, Bob, Cliff, David, Tony, Joe, Mack, and some more I just can't recall at the present time--

Comment

God bless all and their Gold Star Families.

I always watch this on Memorial Day and say a prayer.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XiuZRb_4UU"]Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - Honor Guard - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X