AR question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR question???

So at the beginning of the year I stepped into the AR game with a PSA rifle kit. It was fun building it and is a blast to shoot. I've already killed a couple of pigs with it.My questions is this. I'm thinking about getting a complete upper in 6.5 Grendel. With an AR can I get other brands to fit the PSA lower? And do I need new mags or will mine work? Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks

Okay. 6.5 grendel requires proprietary magazines. These magazines are specifically designed to feed the 6.5 Grendel case which I believe is derived from the 6.5mm ppc which started with the 30 ppc which started with the 6mm ppc which came from the 220 Russian which was a 7.62x39 necked down. Learn something new everyday.

Any upper should fit a PSA lower assuming it is machine to the proper collar sizes and specs. That means you should be able to buy a high-quality 6.5 Grendel upper and put it on any AR-15 Lower assuming they are quality lowers and to spec

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SC-Texas; 05-18-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

^^^What he said.

Comment

Okay so I would need new mags and an upper and I should be good to go.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
          Okay so I would need new mags and an upper and I should be good to go.
          Thanks
          Upper with a 6.5grendel BCG

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep your best bet is to find and upper and BCG set then all you need us a couple mags.

On a side note you can put 6.5G rounds in a 223/556 Pmag but only 4 or 5.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

How does the 6.5 grendel perform hog and deer hunting? I have searched and everyone raves about it but i got to be honest, I have watched some youtube hunts and started questioning the round! either that or these guys on youtube seriously need to learn to shoot!
              Figured i would ask the green screen.
              Last edited by dallascowboys; 05-24-2019, 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I really like my 6.5 Grendel; its my go-to hog and deer gun.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  I really like my 6.5 Grendel; its my go-to hog and deer gun.
                  Great to hear! I am really wanting to get one, I have a 223 and 300bl plus 308 ar but man my 308 weighs 12 pounds lol I have read a lot of great things about the 6.5 but went and watched videos and they looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowboys View Post
                    How does the 6.5 grendel perform hog and deer hunting? I have searched and everyone raves about it but i got to be honest, I have watched some youtube hunts and started questioning the round! either that or these guys on youtube seriously need to learn to shoot!
                    Figured i would ask the green screen.
                    Part of the problem with 6.5 Grendels, is a lot of guys shoot Hornady ammo. If you get to reading on most of the Grendel groups, almost all of the guys are asking which Hornady ammo is best. Like that's the only type of ammo available for the Grendel. It's really a nice little round. Hornady bullets are not the greatest, they work, but there are better made and designed bullets out there.

There could easily be cases of poor shot placement also, on those not so clean kills. If the shot placement is good and you have good ammo, it's a good round.

Comment

Working...
                    X