Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to bird hunt Matador wma soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to bird hunt Matador wma soon?

I'd like to take my two pups out there for some bird hunting. Anyone game?

I was just thinking yesterday about making a run up there. The dates for quail are Oct. 29-Nov. 6, Nov. 19-Dec. 6, Dec. 22-Jan. 31. There are deer hunts going on between those windows, so no quail hunting. If you wanted to go sometime in early January, my son and I would go with you.

Comment

That might be the best time. Are there still hunt permits for Matador? Can a person just show up at gw office and get the permit? I've never been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
        That might be the best time. Are there still hunt permits for Matador? Can a person just show up at gw office and get the permit? I've never been there before.
        Here's the info on the APH public hunting stuff that includes Matador quail....

Matador specific info....

You can buy the APH permit online at the first link, or you can buy it at any TPWD office or retailer that sells licenses.
        Last edited by Shane; 11-28-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I'll take care of that.

Comment

There are plenty of quail out there this year I saw more then 30 coveys on my muledeer hunt in Oct. so you should do well! Don't forget boot for your dogs sand burrs are really bad out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer156 View Post
              There are plenty of quail out there this year I saw more then 30 coveys on my muledeer hunt in Oct. so you should do well! Don't forget boot for your dogs sand burrs are really bad out there!
              Bobs or blues?

Comment

Its been twenty years since ive got to quail hunt! Id be down like four flat tires.

Comment

Sounds like a blast. Seems like quail are coming back throughout the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X