USFS Antlerless Deer permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post

The Big thicket did away with mail in app LONG ago. Now to get a season permit you must show up at the office.
    Absolutely! If ppl are serious about hunting there and will make the drive to hunt there then they certainly shouldn't mind making the drive to pick up the permit for a free deer!

Comment

I mustve misunderstood. I see, you are suggesting making it so people have to simply show up in person to pickup their antlerless tag? I would have no problem with that. I just dont want to see the anterless tags available to only local residents.

Comment

That's what I think they should do. That would eliminate most of the out of towners that apply just for the heck of it with little intention of actually hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
          That's what I think they should do. That would eliminate most of the out of towners that apply just for the heck of it with little intention of actually hunting.
          Agree 100%!!!

Comment

After season maybe we can all get a phone call/letter writing campaign going to the forest supervisors and see if we can get it changed. Won't anything change if everyone just lets it fly.

Comment

A whole bunch of people apply for it because it's there and it's free. They have no clue what it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                A whole bunch of people apply for it because it's there and it's free. They have no clue what it actually is.
                Exactly. Make it where they gotta be serious about it to apply.

Comment

Working...
                X