Venice - Tuna Trip - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice - Tuna Trip - PSA

FYI...for the guys traveling through Louisiana to Venice etc. The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge will soon have a camera system ticketing drivers for going over the speed limit.

To put this into perspective. I drove through there yesterday with a trailer targeting 75 mph, but there were several slow downs along the way. It took me 15:45 minutes to cross. The article says if you cross in less than 18 minutes, you will get a ticket.

I didn't see any structure in place to capture the data. Supposed to be live in 10 days.

https://www.wafb.com/2022/07/09/spee...s%20to%20cross.

**** that

Comment

I got a ticket in the mail many years ago from the West Virginia Toll Authority for being too fast between toll plazas. If you get one it will be legit and tough to beat. The clock doesnt lie.

Comment

Thanks for the warning

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          If you get one it will be legit and tough to beat. The clock doesnt lie.

If I drove a Delorean I’d lawyer up! A case can be made.

Comment

Will be going that way Thursday and coming back Sunday. Guess I'll take the plate off the trailer and report back

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Will be going that way Thursday and coming back Sunday. Guess I'll take the plate off the trailer and report back

Nothing is in place yet. I think it will take a few months to have the system working.

Comment

So much I love about my home state, but the politics and public resource management are as backward as they come. This is just a revenue grab. All the vehicles going 75+ will bottleneck at the start of the bridge; guaranteed to cause accidents.

Comment

I drove over the bridge last week and I timed myself to see how fast my normal driving would take me to cross over. It took me a few seconds under 16 minutes to cross. And that was an average speed, not going crazy fast like many people do. There's going to have to be some give in that 18 minute time.

As drop tine mentioned, it'll create an issue at the beginning of the bridge. It'll cause accidents for sure. This it's not like this is a local road where all of the drivers are going to get used to it. There will always be an out of town driver that's not expecting everyone to go from 75 down to 60 (or slower).

Comment

How about the speed limit drop coming off the I10 bridge from Lake Charles into Westlake. I got a $400 speeding ticket coming off that bridge.

Comment

There's a reason that I left Louisiana. Their problem is only one lane going East coming off the Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge that stays on I-10. That's just a criminal bottle neck there.

Comment

They got me towing a 32 fountain and my brother a 35 contender at 90 mph with an airplane one time.

No cars anywhere to be found so we were letting the d-maxes roll. Slowed down before the end of the bridge so not to get a ticket, but the louisiana state police was waiting on us anyway.

Apparently those white lines painted on the road that are perpendicular to the flow of traffic are markers for airplane to click the stopwatch and calculate your speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          They got me towing a 32 fountain and my brother a 35 contender at 90 mph with an airplane one time.

No cars anywhere to be found so we were letting the d-maxes roll. Slowed down before the end of the bridge so not to get a ticket, but the louisiana state police was waiting on us anyway.

Apparently those white lines painted on the road that are perpendicular to the flow of traffic are markers for airplane to click the stopwatch and calculate your speed.
                          Yea. They have them in new Mexico also.

In the middle of frickin no where. Makes no sense.

Comment

There will be lots of problems with this new 18 minute law. Living in Lafayette, LA, I never take I10 east anywhere. I take 90 when I go to Nola, Venice, Grand Isle or Dularge. 90 is bumpy, but rarely do you run into any traffic or problems. We tow everything from the 36 yellow fin to the bowfishing boats down highway 90. Just stay in the left lane from Lafayette to New Iberia because the right lane is blown out lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                              Living in Lafayette, LA, I never take I10 east anywhere. I take 90 when I go to Nola, Venice, Grand Isle or Dularge.
                              this happens 3-4 times a week on the Basin Bridge .... most of the time it always seems to be heading East

fiery car / truck crash accidents like this with fatalities happen 1-2x's per month

Basin Bridge traffic sucks as you have to pay attention to the WAZE app which will divert you in the event of an emergency

Comment

Working...
                              X