No announcement yet.

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats crazy, ive never seen one in person but i thought they were supposed to be coon proof.

Comment

I'll post pics if you want. Three25nine38seven15four.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        Are the coons reaching the spinner from the hole cut out in the middle of that bottom plate?
        If so, just cover the hole by using short self taping screws and a stainless steel bowl.
        By the looks of it looks like from the outside, you can see there claw marks and dirt all the way to the middle

Comment

Pic for topher
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Pic for topher
            Here’s a picture of the spinner plate that Doghouse posted for me.
            Can’t tell much but it should be clean like my other one that’s only 150 yards away.
            Thanks Doghouse for posting

Comment

Are they reaching up there through the bottom hole as someone asked earlier. I am curious to see game pics once you place a camera on that feeder. I would like to buy a 1000lb Lamco next year. Just want to make sure coons cannot get to that plate from underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                Are they reaching up there through the bottom hole as someone asked earlier. I am curious to see game pics once you place a camera on that feeder. I would like to buy a 1000lb Lamco next year. Just want to make sure coons cannot get to that plate from underneath.
                There’s no sign for underneath it, only through the plate. They been through 1,000 lbs in 12 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                  There’s no sign for underneath it, only through the plate. They been through 1,000 lbs in 12 weeks
                  Buy five Duke coon traps and set them up near that feeder. That will fix your problem for this season.

Comment

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

They are prob reaching through the bottom hole and spinning the plate, I caught them on Covert video doing it to mine. They can reach corn on the plate and not the spinner from the side(at least on mine ). They were spinning the spinner underneath, grabbing what the could from the hole and getting what they could from the side on the plate. So I put a 88 cent walmart round biscuit pan over the hole and self tappers to attach it . Solved my problem instantly and has been normal for 3 seasons .

Last edited by Smart; 08-07-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Jason for the win!!!! Cover that bottom hole.

Comment

This is "WORD"

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Sounds like you need to kill the flies around that feeder.
                        Word is Golden!

Comment

I’d sure like to know if the newer models really do have a smaller diameter plate. I have 5 low and throw feeders. It’s impossible for a raccoon to reach in and turn the spinner.

Comment

Where’s AC at? Lamco is the best he says!

Once you add a biscuit pan!

Hi Jason

Comment

Slap some duct tape over bottom hole

Comment

I’m becoming more of a fan of the Woods2Water feeder over the Lamco everyday. Time will tell if it stands the test of time

Comment

Working...
                                X