• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers Up for Larry!!

Comment

Prayers up!!

Comment

Originally posted by open.pasture View Post
        So had a scare last night...PA came in late and told us that the machine is the only thing keeping pop alive ...that was punch in the gut ....left feeling like my whole world is being ripped away , couldn't sleep and was scared to come back this morning...well we got here at 7 am and a resp. therapist came in and said he's breathing on his own and the machine is just helping him if he needs it ...so after that one of the many doctors came in and my brother and myself asked him , give it to us straight, what's dad's chances ... doctor said he's 50/50 ...they were hoping for signs of healing by now , he's not brain dead by far just not healing as fast as they would like him to at his age ...72 ...just keeping faith and talking to him and holding his hand ....one of his grandkids is coming today...she said she want to sit with Gpa...so hoping he will take that turn to more of recovery....please keep those knees bent for Larry (aka pop, aka gpa, aka taxi man ) I trust in the lord ...Luke 1:37...thanks fellas
        we went thru almost the same thing with our Dad years ago after his stoke doctors gave him 6 moths to live all but one Doctor that I met during his internship gave us hope after seeing us torn apart he said not one doctor here in this very hospital can tell exactly how much time he has left, only God knows and thru the power of prayer Dad lived 6 years more with Sirois of the liver only 15% of his liver and diabetes. That doctor and I are great friends. Thank you, Dr. Hiram Garcia for giving us hope. God will pull your dad thru I know he will we are praying.

Comment

continued prayers

Comment

Lifting you up🙏🙏

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

More prayers for pop

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

Been out of pocket and just saw this. Sending a prayer for your Dad.

Comment

Sending prayers up!!!

Comment

To anyone listening. Our family had experienced a miracle. Mom moms health was declining rapidly around 2004 due to a series of TIA,s. Transient ischemic attacks aka, mini strokes. This culminated in a massive stroke. She was in Spring Branch hospital off of Long Point and Hollister.
                        I was outside her room and her doctor came out. I asked how she was and he looked at me and walked me over to the nurses station. He found a pad and drew a picture of my mom’s brain. He then drew another outline on the outline of her brain.
                        He said “Mr. Frasier this second outline is the area of the brain that has been affected by the bleeding. This is a miracle! Your mother should be dead! No survives a bleed like this. She knows her name and she’s responding to my voice”.
                        My mom lived another 10 years and died in 2014 at the age of 89. It was tough. My dad was her primary care giver for the last eight years of his life. He died in 2010 at the age of 88. He to survived a health crisis in 2002. He was found to have an Aortic aneurysm and wasn’t expected to survive the surgery due to hardening of the arteries. He survived, recovered, and took care of my mom the rest of his life.
                        GOD ALWAYS HAS THE LAST WORD. Ask, seek, and knock.

Comment

Hope for pop having a positive outcome is starting to decrease...So doctor just left ....he said with every day that passes ...dad's chances deminish....he was hoping for something by now as far as him opening his eyes .....he said more than likely if he were to wake up ...dad would be confined to a bed for the rest of his life with very little activity on his part ...with the injury he had ..come Fri if dad hasn't woke up , we have a tough decision to be made...my faith in the lord has not diminished nor weakened but my thoughts are cloudy at this point...so very hard , but I keep praying and hoping for a miracle like some have posted about ... thank y'all for all your support and prayers...come on pops

Comment

Prayers are still coming.

Comment

Very sorry for your Dad and the family. Miracles do happen. Prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers for your father, you, and your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X