No announcement yet.

F150 vs F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the insight. I'm really not towing much. May just stick to the 150

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      If you do your own maintenance the diesel MIGHT cost you $700/yr more.

If you are willing to spend the money on a new F250 you shouldn’t be worried about yearly driving costs. Kinda like buying a custom Holland and Holland double rifle and then asking about the cost of 450 NE ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I was just trying to see the overall cost. I understand the upfront cost is more, just trying to get a handle on the overall cost. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
        I was just trying to see the overall cost. I understand the upfront cost is more, just trying to get a handle on the overall cost. thanks
        General maintenance isn’t much more at all. I’ve had a half ton daily driver and a 17’ 6.7 diesel at the same time, and driving both were similar costs daily. He biggest costs were upfront diesel price, any unexpected repairs, and tires. I can get 70K miles out of tires on a half ton every single time. I’d be lucky to get 40K out of my diesel. Luckily I only drove it 10-15K a year while putting 80K+ on the half ton

Comment

I miss my Diesel, but unless you need one, I say keep the 1500.

With fuel prices I'm keeping my f150. I also drive a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
            Fuel filters $180 every 20 k mikes
            Def $10 per gallon
            Diesel oil change costs more

For what it's worth I recent got both my fuel filters for my '16 2500 Cummins for $40 via Amazon.

Comment

I just went from a 250 to a 150. If you don’t have self esteem issues, The 150 wins 95% of the time. But in the 50 days I’ve owned the f150, 1 day I had to pull a heavy trailer and missed my f250. Just that 1 day though.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                I just went from a 250 to a 150. If you don’t have self esteem issues, The 150 wins 95% of the time. But in the 50 days I’ve owned the f150, 1 day I had to pull a heavy trailer and missed my f250. Just that 1 day though.
                Full disclosure, i myself had self esteem issues the first few days haha.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                  Full disclosure, i myself had self esteem issues the first few days haha.
                  Myself- the first 3 months I was in Oh Snap mode!

Comment

I went from F250 to F150 (both gas). One item I haven't seen mentioned is brakes. I seems to go through the brakes more often on the F250, even though I rarely towed much more than a utility trailer. Just the additional weight of the truck (and especially for the diesel) will wear on those pads and rotors.

Comment

I have a 2014 F150 and a 2021 F250 diesel

I'd rather drive the 150, everyday all day. I'd never have a 250 as my daily driver.

Comment

thanks. what ever truck I get, I would use as a daily driver. I have a 2018 F150 with 145K miles on it. I drive alot. The 250 would be my daily driver. Just never had one and was thinking I would enjoy something different. Not so sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                          Unless you are buying it specifically for towing, I would stick to a F150. I went from a F150 Ecoboost half ton, to a F250 diesel but needed to for towing our camper. I always thought I wanted an F250 until I got one. The F150 was so much smoother and easier to drive around town. The F250 is a tank, it looks good and tows well. I prefer the F150, having had both, other than towing.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                            I have a 2014 F150 and a 2021 F250 diesel

I'd rather drive the 150, everyday all day. I'd never have a 250 as my daily driver.
                            This. I have a 3500 diesel and 1500 Ford gasser. The 1/2 ton is a pleasure to drive around. Smooth riding, easier to park, cheaper to fill up. You can put a small lift and bigger tires on it and have a bigger truck feel.

Comment

In my 32 years of driving I have had one half ton. I traded it in after 23k miles and got back in a 3/4 ton.

Comment

Stick with 150 in your situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X