No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to your son Brent, heck of a first boat.

Have another tournament this weekend out of Galveston and much like all the others its going to windy. Then next week a couple of us are headed to Rockport and Matagorda.

Comment

Hey Brent, tell baby Brent congratulations on a great sled! It's just a cryin' shame you'll have to go more to help him get caught up with the rest of the old salts he hangs with!!
      You should post to the first world problem thread! That's a serious fishin' rig and will look sweet with that new wrap! Can't wait to see some slimy fish pics all over the bow of that sucker!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Tell your son congrats on the new ride!

I had same thought on EZ E, we're probably the same age

Ok I feel better now! Thanks. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a heck of a first sled!! Congrats!

Comment

Ill be fishing matagorda with my old man all weekend. If yall see me on the water stop by and say hello.

Pretty excited to get him out, he hasnt wade fished since before I was born.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
              Ill be fishing matagorda with my old man all weekend. If yall see me on the water stop by and say hello.

Pretty excited to get him out, he hasnt wade fished since before I was born.
              Pretty awesome to get to take the lead getting your dad out and fishing! Sort of role reversal! I loved those times with my dad. Sure would love to do it one more time! Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                Snagged a tournament contender a little early. Hoping his twin brother will be around in few weeks. 1/8'' shy of 28. Trout have been plentiful in Aransas / Ingleside all week too. Stocking up the freezer.
                [ATTACH]961192[/ATTACH]
                Nice! Im headed that way in the morning to fish with my brother and one of his buddies in the surveyor tournament. Ought to be sporty in that 20-30 mph wind but at least you can hide around there.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                  Nice! Im headed that way in the morning to fish with my brother and one of his buddies in the surveyor tournament. Ought to be sporty in that 20-30 mph wind but at least you can hide around there.
                  Winds are kicking right now buddy. This past weekend was brutal. I've been catching the majority of the fish on the "other side" of islands so had to run around inside to get away from the winds all day. Still kicked our butts. They laid down Mon and Tuesday thank God. Nueces Bay will knock your teeth out in a boat like mine when its only blowing 15mph though!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Pretty awesome to get to take the lead getting your dad out and fishing! Sort of role reversal! I loved those times with my dad. Sure would love to do it one more time! Enjoy!!

We shall see how it goes! Growing up I didn’t get to fish the salt at all. So it’s been a tough learning how to fish it. One thing is for sure, fish or no fish I’ll have a dang good time getting to fish with him!

With this wind I’m hoping to find some clean water on the s shore of west matty. We shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                      We shall see how it goes! Growing up I didn’t get to fish the salt at all. So it’s been a tough learning how to fish it. One thing is for sure, fish or no fish I’ll have a dang good time getting to fish with him!

With this wind I’m hoping to find some clean water on the s shore of west matty. We shall see!

There will be clean water, you'll just to hunt to find it. It may not be obvious, have your good glasses on and look way back into the small drains and little bayou's. It'll be there even with 25 winds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        There will be clean water, you'll just to hunt to find it. It may not be obvious, have your good glasses on and look way back into the small drains and little bayou's. It'll be there even with 25 winds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                        Ill definitely be looking for it. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Has anyone heard from or seen Rack Ranch? He posted on this thread a lot last year, and havent seen him on here, or on the site. Checked his profile and said last time he logged in was 12/18/18.

Comment

Just a heads up if your in the market for a new low pro baitcaster stear clear of abou Garcia revo4-x I have on and the side plate flew off while wade fishing and was forever lost. I contacted abu Garcia and they are trying to make me pay for the side plate, after just a small amount of research it seems to be an extremely common issue. I’m not very happy with them. Looks like if they don’t make this right and soon they will loose a customer to lews or Shimano.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              Just a heads up if your in the market for a new low pro baitcaster stear clear of abou Garcia revo4-x I have on and the side plate flew off while wade fishing and was forever lost. I contacted abu Garcia and they are trying to make me pay for the side plate, after just a small amount of research it seems to be an extremely common issue. I’m not very happy with them. Looks like if they don’t make this right and soon they will loose a customer to lews or Shimano.
                              Same thing happened to me on one of my 13 reels. They tried to make me pay but I raised a little hell with them and they sent me one.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Same thing happened to me on one of my 13 reels. They tried to make me pay but I raised a little hell with them and they sent me one.

That’s what I plan on doing I know from now one I’ll check that design better pretty crappy imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X