Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
vinnyv99
Four Point

Default Sccy cpx-2 9mm

Does anyone have one of these 9's. Just looking for feedback . The one thing I have seen which is on youtube is the trigger pull very long. Looking for quality reliability. Not trying to compare to any other 9, I am more of a fit and function type use at the property, shoot a couple rounds threw it , use if i have to. just looking for what you like , dont like , would you recommend it or not.
Attached Images

vinnyv99 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
timoub007
Eight Point

I have carried a SCCY for quite a few years. Not sure what year they came out but it was shortly after that I got mine. Accurate as a small frame pistol can be, snappy but not terrible. I liked the mag holding 10 and the finger "tail" allows for me to get a full grip.

I think that it has gone bang every time I have pulled the trigger even with some cheap steel case ammo. If I have had any issues with it they were right out of the box before it was broken in and I did not have any work done to it. I have probably put 700-1,000 rounds through mine.

Story I got early on was this company was started by some employees who left KEL-TEC so the design is similar. Lifetime warranty too.

The trigger pull is long but that's what you get with a safe gun that has no external safety mechanism. Not too different than my wife's double action hammerless revolver she carries.

Tim
timoub007 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

I had one I bought for my wife. It was a great little gun at a good price too. My wife is afraid of pistols bigger than a 22 so I traded it off but would recommend it.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
rebelbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: tx,ks,ok

have 2 and really like them
trigger pull is long but smooth
rebelbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
hkmp5s
Four Point

I've shot my dads and it's a fine pistol for the price. $150-$200 from Palmetto. I wouldn't mind having an orange one for a deer lease sidearm.
hkmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #6
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Had one for a little while . Was a nice shooting little pistol . There is a YouTube video to fix the trigger pull .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top