Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #101
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
There are brave Chinese citizens trying to get the word out. This link contains a lot of info and videos (probably more than you want to go through) but here's the upshot: A guy in Wuhan named Fang Bin went around to 5 hospitals and some funeral homes secretly videoing what he saw. The hospitals were with crammed with patients - many dead or dying. He saw piles of people in body bags. He put the videos on line and sure enough his last video was of cops breaking down his door to arrest him - he was able to hit send before they got him

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/03/g...bruary-1-2020/
Interesting and thanks for posting the link.
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #102
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
While I certainly feel for the young lady and hope she makes its out. I don't think our prayers do much in the way of changing God's will, what's gonna happen is gonna happen. I don't mean to sound cold but I quit praying for an outcome now its more so for understanding. .
Just not accurate. God's will is ever changing according to people. Jesus told us to pray, why? Just to waste our breath? Of course not. The Bible tells us that the prayers of a righteous man shall accomplish much. Jeremiah chap. 18 talks about God changing His mind, good read. Calvinism is not accurate. Are there things that are going to happen no matter what, absolutely, He tells us of future events but how they happen is still a mystery to us.
The millions of lives that have been changed by prayer will tell you that prayer matters.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #103
yotethumper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Have you seen the videos of the Chinese soldiers wearing HAZMAT gear patrolling the streets with their rifles? Scary stuff. It is getting bad over there. Lots of leaks and info coming out on Reddit.
yotethumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #104
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
While I certainly feel for the young lady and hope she makes its out. I don't think our prayers do much in the way of changing God's will, what's gonna happen is gonna happen. I don't mean to sound cold but I quit praying for an outcome now its more so for understanding. .
Great point..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #105
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfulton View Post
Who cares.
Everyone on this thread except you I guess?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #106
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotethumper View Post
Have you seen the videos of the Chinese soldiers wearing HAZMAT gear patrolling the streets with their rifles? Scary stuff. It is getting bad over there. Lots of leaks and info coming out on Reddit.
Link?
Old 02-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #107
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
There are brave Chinese citizens trying to get the word out. This link contains a lot of info and videos (probably more than you want to go through) but here's the upshot: A guy in Wuhan named Fang Bin went around to 5 hospitals and some funeral homes secretly videoing what he saw. The hospitals were with crammed with patients - many dead or dying. He saw piles of people in body bags. He put the videos on line and sure enough his last video was of cops breaking down his door to arrest him - he was able to hit send before they got him

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/03/g...bruary-1-2020/
This just screams fake. From the crappy video quality to the video's of peoples heads only, the overly dramatic talking to himself inside his car.

Not saying people aren't getting sick and dying, but if anyone is objective, this site screams trust but verify first.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #108
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
Just not accurate. God's will is ever changing according to people. Jesus told us to pray, why? Just to waste our breath? Of course not. The Bible tells us that the prayers of a righteous man shall accomplish much. Jeremiah chap. 18 talks about God changing His mind, good read. Calvinism is not accurate. Are there things that are going to happen no matter what, absolutely, He tells us of future events but how they happen is still a mystery to us.
The millions of lives that have been changed by prayer will tell you that prayer matters.
I had to look up Calvinism but I speak from personal experience. Praying with expectation seems like a setup to be ****** off at the creator. Sorry to derail if you care to discuss feel free to PM me.
arrowsmack324 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #109
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
This just screams fake. From the crappy video quality to the video's of peoples heads only, the overly dramatic talking to himself inside his car.
Maybe if the guys still alive and can film again we can tell him to aim his hidden camera a little better to get more body shots, and to use a Gro Pro Hero 8 with 4K.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #110
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Quote:
I had to look up Calvinism but I speak from personal experience. Praying with expectation seems like a setup to be ****** off at the creator. Sorry to derail if you care to discuss feel free to PM me.
pm sent. Let me know if you get it, my mail says no messages sent.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:14 PM   #111
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
pm sent. Let me know if you get it, my mail says no messages sent.
I did, contemplating now.
arrowsmack324 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #112
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Maybe if the guys still alive and can film again we can tell him to aim his hidden camera a little better to get more body shots, and to use a Gro Pro Hero 8 with 4K.
He is still alive according to the link you sent. He could aim better. But bottom line, a person could go and make a similar video in just about any Houston emergency room today, edit in voices, and then claim it was China. And the website is dedicated to exposing humans rights abuses in China. So they have some incentive to selectively edit videos. The ends would justify the means.

Again, not doubting people are dying or are sick, but sources need to be verified before they are believed.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 02:55 PM   #113
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Great point..

Here's but one of MANY examples in the Bible of prayer changing God's mind and the outcome He had first planned...

Isa 38:1 In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.'"
Isa 38:2 Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD,
Isa 38:3 and said, "Remember now, O LORD, I beseech You, how I have walked before You in truth and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in Your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
Isa 38:4 Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah, saying,
Isa 38:5 "Go and say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add fifteen years to your life.
Isa 38:6 "I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city."'
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #114
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Here's but one of MANY examples in the Bible of prayer changing God's mind and the outcome He had first planned...

Isa 38:1 In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.'"
Isa 38:2 Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD,
Isa 38:3 and said, "Remember now, O LORD, I beseech You, how I have walked before You in truth and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in Your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
Isa 38:4 Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah, saying,
Isa 38:5 "Go and say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add fifteen years to your life.
Isa 38:6 "I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city."'
Amen
Old 02-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #115
yotethumper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Link?
I've seen it a couple of times on Instagram. Going to try and figure out a way to drop the link in here tonight.
yotethumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #116
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

This story is popping up all over international news websites. FYI "Tencent" is a huge Chinese conglomerate holding company dealing in internet services and technology among other things

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #117
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default China. What The Heck?

Quote:
This story is popping up all over international news websites. FYI "Tencent" is a huge Chinese conglomerate holding company dealing in internet services and technology among other things

“Accidentally”?

I’m largely unfamiliar with global economics on that scale, but I have to ask myself what they had to gain by licking that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-05-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2020, 06:26 PM   #118
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:

It’s fake. Tencent has no reason to have the real numbers. Turns out you can change the numbers yourself on the domain if you know what you are doing.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #119
jerp
Pope & Young

Hard to tell the fake stuff the Chinese government is putting out from the fake stuff anybody with a keyboard is putting out
Old 02-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #120
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Caddo

Quote:

Holy fecal matter, I hope that’s not legit... that is a death rate of almost 16%

Much higher than the 2% they are claiming.

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 01:00 AM   #121
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Hard to tell the fake stuff the Chinese government is putting out from the fake stuff anybody with a keyboard is putting out
If those numbers were real, we would have many more deaths abroad by now. So far it’s 2
Old 02-06-2020, 01:03 AM   #122
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
It’s not that hard if you know how numbers work. It’s probably somewhere in the middle, but lower.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:37 AM   #123
monsterspike
Ten Point

somewhere in the middle huh? welp, now i know how numbers work.

mortality rate of 2% to 16%? something like that?
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #124
Wayspr
Six Point

Hunt In: Medina County

Quote:
Same can be said for our government and media outlets
Wayspr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #125
boomerball
Ten Point

I am not sure what to think of the numbers going around for the mortality rate. if just taking reported deaths / reported cases it seems that could underestimate since a bunch of those reported cases may have just not enough time for disease to run its course and kill them. on the other hand I wonder if there are a bunch of people with the virus who have not been sick enough to requrie/receive treatment and then don't get counted in the denominator.
boomerball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #126
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Reãl county

Bloomberg reported this morning that those within the originating province of Hubei are 20x more likely to die from the virus than elsewhere due to the lack of treatment within the quarantine zone. The article title suggest that China sacrificed a province to save the world and pushed the "wet market" angle that the virus spread from tainted food, I think most people see it a bit differently.
Wall_Hanger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #127
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerball View Post
I am not sure what to think of the numbers going around for the mortality rate. if just taking reported deaths / reported cases it seems that could underestimate since a bunch of those reported cases may have just not enough time for disease to run its course and kill them. on the other hand I wonder if there are a bunch of people with the virus who have not been sick enough to requrie/receive treatment and then don't get counted in the denominator.
For a case to be added to China's official number they have to be tested positive on a local level and then positive by the province. That goes to the national level where it must be confirmed again. China has a drastic shortage of test kits. Many that die are just cremated and never diagnosed. Mortality percent is much higher than reported there. Also there are likely many thousands of cases that never see a Dr.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #128
powderburner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Zapata-San Ygnacio

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/

Here is a rabbit hole of stuff. But this guy is mostly spot on. He walks the line between genius with what he finds and tin foil crack smoker. but on this topic I tend to believe hes spot on.
this is bad. China is covering it up.
The WHO is trying to get ahead of it.
We will see the fall out soon in the electronics and other parts that will stop flowing, if this is really this bad.
powderburner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #129
Man
Pope & Young

update from my buddy this morning:

Hangzhou province has now been locked down to prevent the spread into Shanghai where it has the potential to affect 30% GDP. Shenzhen is probably next. The Shenzhen/Hong Kong border was sealed off yesterday. The local media's slogan currently is "life before money" with regards to the closures/quarantines/and province lockdowns. He says its spreading and getting extremely worse with every day.
Thats his 2cents for today.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #130
toaster
Eight Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterspike View Post
we are in the last days. Put all your hope and trust in the lord jesus christ.
^^^^^^^^
amen!
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #131
Man
Pope & Young

**** N95 Respiratory mask are going for almost $30 for a 2pk online now. Sellers market on those right now!
Old 02-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #132
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
**** N95 Respiratory mask are going for almost $30 for a 2pk online now. Sellers market on those right now!
I just looked those up.
That's all that's needed to protect against the virus?
I was picturing something like this ....
Attached Images

MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #133
Hooverfb
Ten Point

Saw that one of the main doctors who called it out died today.
Time (not that I take much stock in things they write) made a good point of how weak this makes their current leader look. Half wonder if instead of this being a chinese mess up, whether us or other nations had something to do with it... get a few guys inside the Wuhan labs, and purposely cripple them internally. Or a rogue party within china.
Praying for those affected... hoping it does not spread to our folks in Shanghai. You know how it goes though... they're extremely strict on these things, but theres always someone not following protocol.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #134
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Deaths to recoveries is the scary ratio. Most of the people sick now with pneumonia will take 2-3 weeks to recover. It is a slow killing illness.

Last edited by BrianL; 02-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #135
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
That's all that's needed to protect against the virus?
That and not licking doorknobs.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:25 PM   #136
TexasBob
Pope & Young

For those that were looking for masks they seem to be all over ebay. I was curious what the markup was. Honestly not nearly as bad as I expected. Not a cheap item to start with.
TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #137
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
For those that were looking for masks they seem to be all over ebay. I was curious what the markup was. Honestly not nearly as bad as I expected. Not a cheap item to start with.
Amazon had them 10pk for $2.99 before the hype.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #138
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Quote:
Amazon had them 10pk for $2.99 before the hype.

My mistake thought they were $4-6 or so each

TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #139
Txhuntr2
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Texas

https://qz.com/1798077/wuhan-virus-c...arantine-zone/
Txhuntr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #140
GarGuy
Pope & Young

I just read where China has declared this a time of war. Has military going door to door checking for people with symptoms. They are notably removed and taken to mass treatment camps . what ever that is.

I wonder how many people that local officials are mad at will just disappear and be cremated .
Old 02-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #141
Man
Pope & Young

Good way to make people with a low citizen score disappear.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #142
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Yep
And those muslim camps might be empty by now as well.
Dang ol communism.....aunt ut grand
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #143
bryan sandlin
Ten Point

Hunt In: old u.s.m.c. camys

my wife is from Beijing China. she has not heard anything from her brother or sister in 3 weeks. its been a TOTAL lock down. no outside phone calls from the US. no internet. no travel. this started on Dec. 3rd was not reported to the public until the middle of Jan. around 5 million had already left on vacation by Jan. 20th. the doctor that made the first forecast has died as you may know. cnn and msm reported that he was punished for his actions. NO. he was arrested. one pandemic expert has reported that it cant be stopped now. it will effect the whole earth in 7 months.
and that around 100 million will die. but you know what? this is still not as bad as the SARS would have been. the death rate of that one stands at 3.4 per 1000 this one. 1.2 or 1.3 per 1000 but cant be stopped. transmission from person to person is a unreal rate.
it may be time to get out of the stock market.
bryan sandlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #144
jerp
Pope & Young

Quote:
They have always been good at the “kneel and face the ditch” method of population control
Old 02-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #145
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan sandlin View Post
my wife is from Beijing China. she has not heard anything from her brother or sister in 3 weeks. its been a TOTAL lock down. no outside phone calls from the US. no internet. no travel. this started on Dec. 3rd was not reported to the public until the middle of Jan. around 5 million had already left on vacation by Jan. 20th. the doctor that made the first forecast has died as you may know. cnn and msm reported that he was punished for his actions. NO. he was arrested. one pandemic expert has reported that it cant be stopped now. it will effect the whole earth in 7 months.
and that around 100 million will die. but you know what? this is still not as bad as the SARS would have been. the death rate of that one stands at 3.4 per 1000 this one. 1.2 or 1.3 per 1000 but cant be stopped. transmission from person to person is a unreal rate.
Sounds like it's time to get out of civilization.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #146
GarGuy
Pope & Young

The virus will be stopped or run its course. A vaccine will suddenly be developed. The humanitarian crisis in the Chinese quarantine areas will be horrific and outsiders will know little of it. Happening right now.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #147
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR² View Post
First container just pulled in the yard......time to break out the Lysol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You have got to be kidding me?
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 PM   #148
bryan sandlin
Ten Point

Hunt In: old u.s.m.c. camys

correction on my part. SARS killed 9.8% MERS 32.8%
bryan sandlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 11:15 PM   #149
Kevin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan sandlin View Post
I have been talking with people in China every day for the last 2 weeks. Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong. Internet works, calls work.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2020, 09:43 AM   #150
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top