Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-31-2020, 11:14 PM   #51
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
I was thinking of you when I posted. Did your friend have any thoughts on what is happening in the quarantine areas?
He didnt comment out that far. We communicate through WECHAT in real time...and for anyone thats ever used that app (which every single citizen in China uses)...there is "slingshot words" that if typed get reviewed by the local province and escalated if deemed a threat/hazard/disturbance. Theres a threshold that the citizens know where to hold off at.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 11:18 PM   #52
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
How long does a virus live with out a host and how long does it take to get a shipment from there?
Cant survive more than 2 hours on a surface
Old 01-31-2020, 11:26 PM   #53
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.

Very scary stuff. Allegedly has not reared its head in South America or Africa yet. Everywhere else has it and has seen person to person transmission. What if it mutates into something more powerful or more easily transmittable. Could become a world wide monster. The 200ish US citizens the govt flew back from there are in lock down in a California Army base for 2 weeks.
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 11:46 PM   #54
MetalMan2004
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJTX81 View Post
Very scary stuff. Allegedly has not reared its head in South America or Africa yet. Everywhere else has it and has seen person to person transmission. What if it mutates into something more powerful or more easily transmittable. Could become a world wide monster. The 200ish US citizens the govt flew back from there are in lock down in a California Army base for 2 weeks.
Glad they got them out and glad they are in lockdown until proven clean. More flights to come I believe.
MetalMan2004 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #55
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Glad we do don’t do business over there. I say shut it down. Nothing and nobody from
China or has been in China allowed in without a 1 month quarantine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #56
stevieray54
Ten Point

Hunt In: Alvin/Danbury Brazoria Co.

Would not be surprised if China its self didn’t release, some type of germ on there own people. One way to reduce the population.
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 08:20 AM   #57
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
He didnt comment out that far. We communicate through WECHAT in real time...and for anyone thats ever used that app (which every single citizen in China uses)...there is "slingshot words" that if typed get reviewed by the local province and escalated if deemed a threat/hazard/disturbance. Theres a threshold that the citizens know where to hold off at.
I just read where China is cracking down on anyone spreading rumors.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #58
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Cant survive more than 2 hours on a surface
Thats good to know, thanks
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #59
monsterspike
Ten Point

we are in the last days. put all your hope and trust in The Lord Jesus Christ.
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #60
chino
Eight Point

Hunt In: public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Maybe they had plans to turn it loose in Hong Kong since things weren’t going so well between them.
That was in my thought.
If it got worse enough, they can send troops in openly to control the situation.

chino is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #61
chehunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County/ NM
Default wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
No more wish app junk for me.
I've often wondered about that stuff...seems like a lot of good, cheap stuff on there. What has been you're experience?
chehunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #62
ken800
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
I hope the rumors of government test gone are not true but the biotech lab in that area that is approved to study these deadly viruses has gotten very little mention.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...linked-chines/
I don't do tinfoil hat but China's response to this is almost draconian. That leads me to wonder if they are trying to minimize collateral damage outside of China when it is ultimately discovered that the virus traveled outside of the Wuhan facility on a person's body and/or they were infected unknowingly while working in the lab... Everyone has to know that no matter what the news coming from the official Chinese news, it is false. If it is bad... it is understated. If it is good, it is overstated. If at fault, it is a complete lie.
ken800 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #63
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
For all we known its an engineered strain that's been introduced as a weapon by some nefarious government.....
Probably a very safe bet..

https://www.insideover.com/society/c...eapon-lab.html
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #64
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterspike View Post
we are in the last days. put all your hope and trust in The Lord Jesus Christ.
Yep.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #65
Treeshark
Eight Point

Hunt In: Van Zandt, Collingsworth & Donley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yep.
Hold on to Psalms 91
Treeshark is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #66
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Heard a rumor/speculation yesterday that it was a bio weapon gone wrong

Then find this thread with a couple of similar theories

Nothing would surprise me
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 10:47 AM   #67
GarGuy
Pope & Young

All major north American airlines have stopped traffic to China now.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #68
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken800 View Post
I don't do tinfoil hat but China's response to this is almost draconian. That leads me to wonder if they are trying to minimize collateral damage outside of China when it is ultimately discovered that the virus traveled outside of the Wuhan facility on a person's body and/or they were infected unknowingly while working in the lab... Everyone has to know that no matter what the news coming from the official Chinese news, it is false. If it is bad... it is understated. If it is good, it is overstated. If at fault, it is a complete lie.
You referring to China's media or ours?
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #69
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

I've been using the CDC websites in an effort to cut down on rumors. Interesting is the number of mammals and birds these viruses exist on or within.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #70
Man
Pope & Young

The new number reported this morning from China was now 361 dead. I reached out to my friend in China this morning...here is his update:

Only in Wuhan,there were 14 crematoriums and average per day in full power burning is between 300~400 deaths.In last 10 days these worked 24 hours,so you can imagine how many deaths there ?

Completely not what you saw and what you heard,maybe 361 x 10 in death and what people said there is there were still full of bodies and waiting for burning.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #71
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
The new number reported this morning from China was now 361 dead. I reached out to my friend in China this morning...here is his update:

Only in Wuhan,there were 14 crematoriums and average per day in full power burning is between 300~400 deaths.In last 10 days these worked 24 hours,so you can imagine how many deaths there ?

Completely not what you saw and what you heard,maybe 361 x 10 in death and what people said there is there were still full of bodies and waiting for burning.
You would think a country that's been killing it's own people for so long, would be more adept at getting rid of bodies...
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #72
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:

Man there are no telling how many folks have died out in other areas. Most deaths are never tested.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #73
Beleg
Ten Point

361 deaths from thousands of cases probably doesn’t equate to a bio weapon, but 10 x 361 deaths could.

I’ve been watching cases in Mexico and Latin America. We still have a very porous border and our southern neighbors aren’t known for quality healthcare. Victims of coronavirus could very well make their way north to the USA seeking healthcare to survive spreading the virus all along the way.

Coronavirus in Africa would be hugely tragic and could take an effort to control at least as great as the Ebola outbreak.

Think how densely populated parts of India are.

Not to be alarmist, but, a virus that can be transmitted human to human from an asymptomatic victim with a death rate greater than the flu is a very scary scenario. I haven’t looked, but wondering if Amazon has any of those surgery masks still in stock.
Beleg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #74
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
361 deaths from thousands of cases probably doesn’t equate to a bio weapon, but 10 x 361 deaths could.

I’ve been watching cases in Mexico and Latin America. We still have a very porous border and our southern neighbors aren’t known for quality healthcare. Victims of coronavirus could very well make their way north to the USA seeking healthcare to survive spreading the virus all along the way.

Coronavirus in Africa would be hugely tragic and could take an effort to control at least as great as the Ebola outbreak.

Not to be alarmist, but, a virus that can be transmitted human to human from an asymptomatic victim with a death rate greater than the flu is a very scary scenario. I haven’t looked, but wondering if Amazon has any of those surgery masks still in stock.
China is drastically under stating death toll. As far as Africa and south America... There is a good chance its already there and no one is testing for it.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #75
Spearchunker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co

Quote:

We discussed this today. If this started in any 3rd world country, forget about containment.

Might get that wall a little faster....
Spearchunker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #76
Beleg
Ten Point

China has a large presence in Africa trying to gain political influence and gathering resources. Coronavirus may very well already be in Africa, brought in from China by China.
Beleg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #77
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

I bought 500 of those surgical masks about a month ago, maybe there was a reason.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #78
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
China has a large presence in Africa trying to gain political influence and gathering resources. Coronavirus may very well already be in Africa, brought in from China by China.
^^^^ yup
Old 02-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #79
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet

Quote:

The response they have really doesn't match what the media is saying. From building 1000 bed hospital in 9 days when they only had 100 deaths to saying cremate bodies immediately and no funerals with only 304 deaths. Media acting like the flu that kills 40-60k each year is worse but we don't immediately cremate people who die of the flu.

I believe it's much worse and was an engineered biological weapon research/development gone wrong. Media is just saying what Chinese officials are giving them. And I'm not a foil hat wearer but something doesn't match up.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-says-wu...l&uh_test=1_04
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #80
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
The response they have really doesn't match what the media is saying. From building 1000 bed hospital in 9 days when they only had 100 deaths to saying cremate bodies immediately and no funerals with only 304 deaths. Media acting like the flu that kills 40-60k each year is worse but we don't immediately cremate people who die of the flu.

I believe it's much worse and was an engineered biological weapon research/development gone wrong. Media is just saying what Chinese officials are giving them. And I'm not a foil hat wearer but something doesn't match up.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-says-wu...l&uh_test=1_04
They built a similar hospital for SARS, which is barely a memory for most of us. But you are right, it doesn't really add up.

Can you imagine the worldwide panic of a superbug epidemic. That’s a genie that would never get put back in the bottle
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #81
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling Co.

Quote:

Similar reports I’m getting from the area
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #82
TCR²
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper/Angelina/Shelby Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR² View Post
Crazy stuff for sure.

I've got 4 containers on the water right now, one will be delivered next week, that came out of China.....not Wuhan but it's still a little nerve racking.
First container just pulled in the yard......time to break out the Lysol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
TCR² is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #83
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

There you go...a little Lysol should take care of it, works in the bathroom. lol
Old 02-04-2020, 09:53 AM   #84
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
No more wish app junk for me.
Crap!!!! I ordered a hoodie for my granddaughter from this app last night. The China connection never crossed my mind. Do I need to burn it when it gets here?
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #85
TCR²
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper/Angelina/Shelby Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
There you go...a little Lysol should take care of it, works in the bathroom. lol
Going to open the doors, puncture about two dozen cans, toss them in and let it fumigate for a little while lol

TCR² is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #86
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

This could be the end for the Chinese government.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #87
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Crap!!!! I ordered a hoodie for my granddaughter from this app last night. The China connection never crossed my mind. Do I need to burn it when it gets here?
If that hoodie is dangerous Walmart employees and shoppers are in deep trouble.. Seriously.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #88
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
I wouldn't I just had a moo moo come in for a coworker. We're not dead yet, lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by arrowsmack324; 02-04-2020 at 10:22 AM.
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #89
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
China is drastically under stating death toll. As far as Africa and south America... There is a good chance its already there and no one is testing for it.
Yep I read over 90,000 dead there and that's probably not even close.. Probably much worse.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:23 AM   #90
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR² View Post
Going to open the doors, puncture about two dozen cans, toss them in and let it fumigate for a little while lol

haha How did they test that stuff. Impressive.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #91
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep I read over 90,000 dead there and that's probably not even close.. Probably much worse.
Where'd toy read that, I'd like to read it too.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #92
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Where'd toy read that, I'd like to read it too.
I'll see if I can find it again.. I was searching this topic a couple of days ago and ran across it. It was on a site from another country. I believe a site out of Israel. Who knows the true number. We don't. You can safely bet that China is not reporting it either.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #93
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

There are brave Chinese citizens trying to get the word out. This link contains a lot of info and videos (probably more than you want to go through) but here's the upshot: A guy in Wuhan named Fang Bin went around to 5 hospitals and some funeral homes secretly videoing what he saw. The hospitals were with crammed with patients - many dead or dying. He saw piles of people in body bags. He put the videos on line and sure enough his last video was of cops breaking down his door to arrest him - he was able to hit send before they got him

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/03/g...bruary-1-2020/
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #94
GarGuy
Pope & Young

I read a report of a guy that showed up at the new hospital in Wuhan with a very ill relative. Security turned him away. He was sitting in his car distraught and said all his family was dying and he couldn't afford to lose any more. Said his mother had just passed and he had two more close relatives critically ill. They said viral pneumonia and never tested for corona. He said he knew that his family had it.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #95
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
There are brave Chinese citizens trying to get the word out. This link contains a lot of info and videos (probably more than you want to go through) but here's the upshot: A guy in Wuhan named Fang Bin went around to 5 hospitals and some funeral homes secretly videoing what he saw. The hospitals were with crammed with patients - many dead or dying. He saw piles of people in body bags. He put the videos on line and sure enough his last video was of cops breaking down his door to arrest him - he was able to hit send before they got him

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/03/g...bruary-1-2020/
Wow ...thanks for that link. Amazing
Old 02-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #96
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria County & South Africa

Wow...…….is about all I've got.
But, I don't have any problem believing that the Chinese govt will lie to the world, to undersell it, and cover it up.
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #97
gfulton
Six Point

Who cares.
gfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #98
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfulton View Post
Who cares.
In an age where people can be on the other side of the world in less than a day I think it's naive not to care.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #99
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
In an age where people can be on the other side of the world in less than a day I think it's naive not to care.
Yes. One of my daughters very good friends is trapped in China alone.. She is trying to get out. She is VERY scared. She is just 24 years old.. She was born and raised in Angleton Texas. Moved there 3 years ago to work for Disney..

Send up a prayer if you can..
Old 02-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #100
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes. One of my daughters very good friends is trapped in China alone.. She is trying to get out. She is VERY scared. She is just 24 years old.. She was born and raised in Angleton Texas. Moved there 3 years ago to work for Disney..

Send up a prayer if you can..

While I certainly feel for the young lady and hope she makes its out. I don't think our prayers do much in the way of changing God's will, what's gonna happen is gonna happen. I don't mean to sound cold but I quit praying for an outcome now its more so for understanding. .