Dilma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilma

I was shooting today & was thinking about speed & the arrow I was shooting. My thought was: I’m gonna drop my arrow weight & pick up some speed. I don’t need as much arrow weight as I have right now.

Current set up: PSE Full Throttle, 70#, 29” DL & GT Pierce weighing in at 497gr with 17% foc shooting 296fps.

If drop down to around 435-445gr I still should have plenty of momentum for anything I shoot in east Texas.

What says the PRO’s?

Dilma

Go heavier.
    My bow is 62#, 31# Draw length.
    Arrows a GT XT pro and Kinetic, they weigh 535 grain
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-05-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      Go heavier.
      My bow is 62#, 31# Draw length.
      Arrows a GT XT pro and Kinetic, they weigh 535 grain
      I was thinking if I go a little lighter I’d still be good on momentum & flatten trajectory a little. I’ll probably play around with both ways a little.

Comment

Your current setup is pretty impressive, I’d stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          Your current setup is pretty impressive, I’d stay there.

^^^^^I'd do this^^^^^

Just an FYI he's one of our arrow building guru's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            ^^^^^I'd do this^^^^^

Just an FYI he's one of our arrow building guru's.
            Good to know. I’ll be hitting him up for some arrows for my Creed XS. Been wanting to get some for it.

Comment

1. Those numbers will put that bow well over 360 IBO ( won’t question that as I don’t know that bow).... that’s hauling @$$ in real numbers

2. I’m not an “extreme foc@ mumbo jumbo guy. I prefer middle of the road.... but will take it if it’s there. As there are no negatives to it apples to apples. Those numbers (if correct) are gonna be tough to beat.

3. Will take 15 FPS increase to see a pin gap move to 35ish yards. I calculated your “desires “ at just under 17. So yep, pins will tighten a few .00001” to mid range..... then probably open the same amount and increase at distances

4. I’m all for do whatever makes you happy. If you want to spend the time and money- go get it! But I think your chasing your tail (my opinion). If speed is what you want go all out and get down to 350.... will still kill.... if you and tune it.... and shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                I was shooting today & was thinking about speed & the arrow I was shooting. My thought was: I’m gonna drop my arrow weight & pick up some speed. I don’t need as much arrow weight as I have right now.

Current set up: PSE Full Throttle, 70#, 29” DL & GT Pierce weighing in at 497gr with 17% foc shooting 296fps.

If drop down to around 435-445gr I still should have plenty of momentum for anything I shoot in east Texas.

What says the PRO’s?
                I agree with muddyfuzzy, that's a pretty impressive arrow you got right now.

However, if speed is your thing you can definitely pick up a little by going lighter. Will it be enough to notice is the real question.

What broadheads are you shooting? I ask because fixed blade is going to be more difficult to tune at those speeds, you will likely have to go to a smaller 100 gr head and/or one with low profile blades, like the Ramcat. If you are shooting mechanicals you will see a decrease in the penetration potential, just due to the lost momentum and extra energy required for these heads. I'm not saying mechanicals will not get the job done, but there will be a loss in penetration potential.

Personally, I wouldn't change what you have, but it's possible for sure.

Comment

I had time today to shoot a little bit. Wanted to check my arrow speed. I wanted to correct myself from the OP. I was wrong on the arrow speed. The bow is shooting 286fps with a 497gr arrow, not 296fps.

Comment

Still good numbers. Puts in at a 349fps bow.

Is this bow the one with the 5.25” brace height? “Rated up to 270fps”?

Comment

Full Throttle is a fast bow, still great speed with almost 500 grains of payload.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Still good numbers. Puts in at a 349fps bow.

Is this bow the one with the 5.25” brace height? “Rated up to 270fps”?
                        Yes sir. Ibo is 370. This thing is incredibly smooth for a speed demon. Just no valley.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          Full Throttle is a fast bow, still great speed with almost 500 grains of payload.

I really like it. Wasn’t real sure when I first got it but after shooting it bit, I really like it. It keeps you honest for sure. It has NOOO valley.

Comment

I wonder why you aren’t getting faster than that. I have an 09 XForce, 29” draw at 74lbs, ibo is 343 I believe, my arrows are 510g with 14%foc and I am coming it at 308-310 fps.

I can dang sure agree, the XForce lineup has no valley!!! You have to hold on all the time.
                            Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 05-12-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

You could go lighter and still be plenty good IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X