Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
Blitz
Four Point

Default Almost a month now

We had our new HVAC system installed on May 17th. Our previous system was close to 12 years old and died on May 16th. 13 SEER Payne condenser. Air Handler/Coil was a YORK.

Last year we were averaging 90-100 kWh per day.

Now we have a 20 SEER fully variable Carrier Infinity system.

We have been averaging 60 kWh per day.

At .10 a kw, that is about a $90 savings per month. Now I don't know about all of you, but in my house, that is a truckload to save on the electric bill.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
Killer
Ten Point

Hunt In: God's green earth

That is a good monthly payback for going with a high efficiency system
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
DedDuk
Four Point

Hunt In: East and West TX

what did it run you?
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
popo1984
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

I’m curious as well. I’m going to need a new outside and inside unit soon. My ruud unit is 20 years old and recently started making a weird sound and I’m worried it’s on the way out.
popo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 10:34 PM   #5
Blitz
Four Point

I paid a little over 13k. But that is with a 10 year parts and labor warranty included. Zero percent interest for 5 years.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #6
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

You chose a great system
Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #7
Blitz
Four Point

Ya. I did alot of research prior to pulling the trigger. At the end of the day, I decided a few extra thousand won't be missed in a few years as much as the sheer comfort. I think too many times, we only look at the here and now. In 5 years, I think the almost $600 per year in savings (almost $3000) will pay for itself. I can't say enough about the humidity control. It is so muggy right now and you wouldn't know it sitting in my house. It actually gets cold at night lol.
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #8
MattPopp
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: East Texas

I have 3 Ruud 16 seer systems in my house, 2t, 4t-2stg, and 5t-2stg. We are SW of Houston 30mins (West of the Brazos River) so it is humid as heck 8 days a week. For me to be comfortable in our house I need it set no higher then 73*. 70* on the days that I just want to be almost cold.

A couple months ago we had a power surge and it killed the motherboard and blower motor in the handling unit for the 2t unit. For $800 I was able to put a Carrier unit in vs $700 to repair the Ruud that was only 5 or 6 years old.

After it was installed the first thing I noticed when I went upstairs is that I was cold and it was set at 76*. I actually turned it up a bit. So we are looking at changing out the 5t handling unit and then later the 4t unit.

So I do not know what the difference of the units are but I am assuming the Carrier removes the humidity far better then the ruud unit did.

But to me, my house always feels a bit humid or muggy like. So I do not believe the ruud system is controlling the humidity correctly.
MattPopp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #9
Blitz
Four Point

On the Infinity control panel, you can actually decide the percentage of humidity you want. Sometimes instead of cooling, it will say dehumidifying.
The price of the whole thing was close to 15k but I received about 3k in rebates. I added the 10 year labor warranty for $950. All I want to do if something happens is make a phone call.

Last edited by Blitz; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.