Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County
Default Go California! Democrats will sell out our country for votes!

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...132010832.html
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
ktjones
Six Point

Hunt In: Centerville

*sad*
Remember the late 70's Superman movie? Where Lex Luthor was going to create a string of earthquakes, and slide California into the ocean? Hmmmm.
ktjones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Insanity!! All while CA has a homeless CITIZEN crisis, and while our vets are treated less than illegals. Sickening.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

"California is projected to have a surplus of more than $20 billion, the largest in 20 years."

Wow..I grossly underestimated California's current financial status.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

That's OK. Cali will now make everyone with a vehicle to pay $10,000 or more for new registrations. Won't take em long to recover the money spent on free insurance for illegals. Can't wait for them to start charging out of state visitors by the mile for driving on their roads or flying across their airspace. State income tax will go up by 500% too.

Build that wall!
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
"California is projected to have a surplus of more than $20 billion, the largest in 20 years."

If they truly have that much cash then the Fed needs to cut off all funding. They don't need it now
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #7
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I thought California was on the verge of bankruptcy.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #8
Gladesgator
Eight Point

Hunt In: Rusk County, FL and AR

Can we build a second wall?
Gladesgator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #10
Native Texan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:

It's pretty easy to have a surplus of cash when you don't pay what you owe.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/...ed-rail-route/
Native Texan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Just visited San Fran. Gotta love the SF Mandate. 5.5% on top of every restaurant bill to help pay for the homeless situation. I asked a few waiters and all but one thought it ridiculous. The one that praised it, I took 5.5% off his tip and let him pay the **** "mandate".
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #12
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Haha...good move.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #13
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Just visited San Fran. Gotta love the SF Mandate. 5.5% on top of every restaurant bill to help pay for the homeless situation. I asked a few waiters and all but one thought it ridiculous. The one that praised it, I took 5.5% off his tip and let him pay the **** "mandate".
Dude, you need decontamination after being in SF.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #14
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did you physically see a ton of homelessness while there?
Old 06-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #15
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did you physically see a ton of homelessness while there?

Absolutely. Everywhere. Itís also all that our Uber drivers complained about. The doorman at our hotel told us what neighborhoods they were worse in. Everyone there commented on it....almost apologetically. We stayed in the Financial District and awoke each morning to street crews cleaning up the trash where the homeless folks had upended garbage cans in the middle of the night looking for food or whatever. We met a couple in our hotel that witnessed a girl in the Tenderloin District shooting up on the sidewalk at 2:00 in the afternoon. I personally encountered a crazy man sharpening a fixed blade knife on the sidewalk and then hiding it in his grip and up his sleeve. Donít know what his plans were, but I grabbed my wife and moved away. Literally everyone else was oblivious to his presence. Heís gonna hurt someone. We were told that the police are instructed not to harass them or even arrest them for anything short of assault. SanFran is a beautiful place that is turning into a **** hole. They even have a local app to report feces on the sidewalk. I didnít see any of that, but yes, homeless people were everywhere we went. Austin will be right behind it if it doesnít get a grip on things.

Correction: we didnít encounter any in Chinatown. My assumption is that those folks take care of their own neighborhood and the homeless people have been run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #16
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Absolutely. Everywhere. Itís also all that our Uber drivers complained about. The doorman at our hotel told us what neighborhoods they were worse in. Everyone there commented on it....almost apologetically. We stayed in the Financial District and awoke each morning to street crews cleaning up the trash where the homeless folks had upended garbage cans in the middle of the night looking for food or whatever. We met a couple in our hotel that witnessed a girl in the Tenderloin District shooting up on the sidewalk at 2:00 in the afternoon. I personally encountered a crazy man sharpening a fixed blade knife on the sidewalk and then hiding it in his grip and up his sleeve. Donít know what his plans were, but I grabbed my wife and moved away. Literally everyone else was oblivious to his presence. Heís gonna hurt someone. We were told that the police are instructed not to harass them or even arrest them for anything short of assault. SanFran is a beautiful place that is turning into a **** hole. They even have a local app to report feces on the sidewalk. I didnít see any of that, but yes, homeless people were everywhere we went. Austin will be right behind it if it doesnít get a grip on things.

Correction: we didnít encounter any in Chinatown. My assumption is that those folks take care of their own neighborhood and the homeless people have been run out.

Wow simply amazing.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #17
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wow simply amazing.

It was sad and honestly a little depressing. SF is a beautiful place to visit, but ****.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:16 PM   #18
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Wow Curt, that is for sure depressing! That's some real world reporting right there from a source the GS can trust! You know, there are signs upstream of the Niagara Falls on the Niagara River that warn about the approaching falls and the last set of signs are the ones that read "Point of no return"... Seems to me we Americans are on a similar river and that last set of signs are clearly visible up ahead and approaching fast as we sail downstream...

I pray America wakes up BEFORE those signs are in our collective rear view mirror, but I fear we won't ...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #19
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Wow Curt, that is for sure depressing! That's some real world reporting right there from a source the GS can trust! You know, there are signs upstream of the Niagara Falls on the Niagara River that warn about the approaching falls and the last set of signs are the ones that read "Point of no return"... Seems to me we Americans are on a similar river and that last set of signs are clearly visible up ahead and approaching fast as we sail downstream...

I pray America wakes up BEFORE those signs are in our collective rear view mirror, but I fear we won't ...

Nothing would make me happier than for this statement to be untrue. However, I fear you are correct. I’ve said many times lately that our country may be too far gone. What we are experiencing is the result of the leftist long game of the indoctrination of our educational system.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #20
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria county

Quote:

Yep, my buddy just got back from CA, he was in the North part of the state that we grew up in and he basically said the same thing you did. He told me I would not even recognize Northern CA if I went back. I have not been back there for 12 years. When I say Northern CA, I mean top 1/4 of the state, not SF.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #21
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
[/B]

Nothing would make me happier than for this statement to be untrue. However, I fear you are correct. Iíve said many times lately that our country may be too far gone. What we are experiencing is the result of the leftist long game of the indoctrination of our educational system.
Yessir, just look at the threads on here where the mear mention of God and prayer and the rule of God's law evokes all kinds of criticism and God bashing...

The left indeed has indoctrinated generations and done it very well. We haven't helped ourselves much either as we just don't stick together and we don't play their games... Deception goes against our moral fiber unlike the left... Their "Rules for Radicals" thrives on our inability to fight evil the way evil should be fought...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #22
alec73065
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction & Lampasas

Quote:

It is the same in Portland and Seattle as well. It is truly amazing the amount of homeless people in and out of town . Huge tent campgrounds and tiny home communities in every vacant lot , under bridges etc.
alec73065 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top