What is “WWFBD”

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      What is “WWFBD”
      What Would Fred Bear Do?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        What Would Fred Bear Do?
        If Fred bear was into the physics side of it. Was shooting a compound bow and looking at the mechanics of the bow. He would have been writing papers as I do.

My papers and data I show is not for everyone. It’s only for select few that are interested in the understanding of how things work. Most of the times papers like this I do because someone has a problem understanding what is going on. This paper was actually wrote and sent to Tim gillingham.

Comment

bow efficiency

Isn’t it essentially due to energy required to accelerate mass? A light arrow has less momentum at rest requiring less energy to be transferred from the string to accelerate. It also takes less to accelerate that lighter mass. Agreeing with you and Rat overall. A better description is useful energy transfer. As the higher mass arrows provides more resistance, they absorb more energy to accelerate, and less is sent to noise and vibration. Rat is right though the amount of energy released when the limbs spring back is consistent and invariant from arrow to arrow.
          Last edited by Loneaggie; 05-08-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

bookmarking this thread, lots of good information here.

Comment

Nice read.

Comment

Working...
              X