28 Nosler vs 300 win, 300 PRC, or 300 WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Nosler vs 300 win, 300 PRC, or 300 WSM

So I was fortunate enough to win a Bergara Premier Series Highlander in 28 Nosler. I’ve never owned a 300 and I’m thinking if I should keep the 28 Nosler or sell it and move to a 300 of some sort. I’m not sure what it will be used for. I like to hunt Elk with a bow. Maybe Mule deer out west or potentially a caribou or Moose hunt down the road when I can afford it.
    Last edited by Hockley; 04-11-2021, 04:24 PM.

I'd roll with any of those calibers.

I have a 300WSM, but I wouldn't have any problem with any of those you listed. That 28 will get it done, for what your asking..

Comment

Depends on what your desired outcome is. Long range, 28 nosler is a beast. Coworker killed a caribou at 785 yards and antelope at 650 yards. Neither took another step after the shot.

I’m getting ready to load some with 195 Berger’s using RL33 powder. Will do everything I need it to and more.

If you don’t ever plan on stretching it out, it’s almost a waste of powder and expensive to buy factory loads for.

Comment

If you don’t reload I would sell and switch to a 300wm just for bullet availability. I’ve killed several antelope at 400 yards with the green and yellow $25 core locks in 180 grain. Can’t do it cheaper and further than that. Probably find a box at most local stores in the country. Well used to anyway.

Comment

Keep the 28. Why?

Cause errybody got a 300

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Keep the 28. Why?

Cause errybody got a 300

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Exactly. 30s are boring af. Keep the Nos

Comment

Faced with a similar decision I went with 300 WSM for the shorter chamber making my specific rifle 9oz lighter
              for the same barrel length and for off the shelf ammo availability. If moose is on the menu I'd definitely step up to one of the 30 calibers.

Comment

All good points. I don’t currently reload, but I have a buddy that will reload for me and have been thinking about getting into it myself when things come back.

I am kinda one of those that likes to have the different caliber. Only reason I’m thinking of swapping is because of the big .300 following of some Of those that I respect in the industry. Maybe just buy a second gun? Ha!

Comment

If you want a .30 cal, sell it and get a 30 Nosler [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All will work. I agree with the above, if you don't reload the 300wm or prc would serve you best.

I'd add the 30 nosler to your list if available and you reload. A very under rated round.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not familiar with the other calibers but my 300wsm is a great caliber. I've taken everything from blue grouse to cow bison with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X