Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget to protest your property taxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    This guy advertises 1% of your reduction. Seems reasonable to me.

Pay your fair share of property taxes, not more. Our team has over 20 years of experience protesting property values. Sign up is easy and at no risk, we'll only charge if we help you save!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1% of market value reduction.

Property tax value of $250k gets reduces to $200k= $50k market reduction.

1% of $50k is $500.

Others charge about 40% of the dollar value saved per year.
    So they save you $1250 and you are still out the same $500 as the other guy.

I've seen these guys "protest" taxes behind the scenes. They don't do a whole heck of a lot of work.

Maybe if you had commercial property, or a large ranch or something, but for residential, its super easy.

Comment

This guy advertises 1% of your reduction. Seems reasonable to me.

Pay your fair share of property taxes, not more. Our team has over 20 years of experience protesting property values. Sign up is easy and at no risk, we'll only charge if we help you save!

Looks like he doesn’t work in my County

Comment

As a real estate appraiser in Travis and Williamson counties I bet 80% of the homes I appraise are worth more than what the tax records show. Look at your tax appraisal and ask yourself if you would sell it for that. Most of you probably not. Mine went from 187,000+/- last year to 206,000+/- this year. Homes in my neighborhood are selling for 265,000-300,000+/- so I am not saying a thing.

Comment

I protest every year. Last year I was very successful.

Comment

There is appraised value and assessed value. My understanding is assessed value can't go up over 10% per year, but appraised value can go up to market value. You are paying taxes on ASSESSED value.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              As a real estate appraiser in Travis and Williamson counties I bet 80% of the homes I appraise are worth more than what the tax records show. Look at your tax appraisal and ask yourself if you would sell it for that. Most of you probably not. Mine went from 187,000+/- last year to 206,000+/- this year. Homes in my neighborhood are selling for 265,000-300,000+/- so I am not saying a thing.

They are not gonna change their mind and charge you more for protesting.

You have nothing to lose except money if you do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                There is appraised value and assessed value. My understanding is assessed value can't go up over 10% per year, but appraised value can go up to market value. You are paying taxes on ASSESSED value.
                If you filed a homestead it caps at 10%.

Comment

Condo on Lake LBJ jumped from $340K last year to $560K this year. So annoying that there’s no limits on how much they can jump you if it’s not homesteaded. The office building next to us is valued at $700K, so go figure they’re screwing the people that have vacation property and keeping the locals with commercial property happy. Why should I be paying for Burnet County schools that I get zero benefit from. I don’t mind the city and county taxes, but as a second home the school taxes are miserable.

Comment

People are paying stupid prices for real estate these days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	piw.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24649866

Comment

How long do you have to protest, what is the cut off date. San Jacinto co.

Comment

May 17th this year, unless your value notice comes out later then it’s 30 days from the notice date.

Comment

So what do you have to do to protest yourself? Provide market comps or appraisal comps or?????

Comment

They raise mine exactly 10% every year. Protest and get a little knocked off but not a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                              May 17th this year, unless your value notice comes out later then it’s 30 days from the notice date.
                              Depends, my 4.401 acres where my home, garage and shop/lodge sits is April 30th. My 2.059 acres in a different school district but in the same county and is adjacent to my home property to make my 6.46 acres is May 7th.

Comment

So what do you have to do to protest yourself? Provide market comps or appraisal comps or?????

When you can find comps that prove a lower value, that's great. Under our current market conditions, that may be difficult.

Another trick I've seen work is to take pictures of anything wrong with your property and show them.

Comment

Working...
                                X