Trophy bearded hen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy bearded hen?

Check out the bird walking in on the right. Looks like hen with a healthy beard to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it to me.

Comment

Transgender Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
        Transgender Turkey
        Transhensual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

LOL... Shoot the gobbler!

Comment

1 in 800! Shoot her ***!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
              1 in 800! Shoot her ***!
              We have a much higher percentage of hens with beards in my area. Not unusual to have at least one in every decent sized group of hens we see.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                We have a much higher percentage of hens with beards in my area. Not unusual to have at least one in every decent sized group of hens we see.
                Sign me up!

Comment

Yea, that's a good one... We had a lot of bearded hens too on our place south of Del Rio on the river... Wasn't unusual to see to or 3 in a good flock of hens... Never did shoot one... Kind of wish I had so I could say I got me a bearded hen... We just had too many big gobblers to shoot... no need to shoot hens, and in that part of Val Verde county, a hen was not legal unless she was bearded... North of HWY 90, hens were legal in the Fall... We were south of 90...

Comment

Let the bodies hit the floor

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                      Our area in Garza county as well. I would guess 1 in 20 has a beard. We don’t have a giant population so we leave the hens alone. There is one that is white with a beard that definitely won’t get a pass.

Comment

We have quite a few bearded hens on my place. Two years ago I saw a hen with 3 beards.
                        On my place the hens gets a pass. I don’t see why anyone would shoot a hen as they look very small to a mature gobbler. I have certainly wanted to when a boss hens speaks up and takes the birds away from me at times.

Comment

Not sure how to approach that one, is it a Tom that identifies as a hen or a Hen that identifies as a tom...

Comment

Daaang that's a good un! We killed one on our place that was 6" but that looks bigger. We've had a good amount of bearded hens on my lease the past 14 years...but that's a magnum

Comment

Rosie O'donnell?

Comment

Working...
                              X