Ever walk away from a career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    I just get tired of the favoritism that goes on, and the back stabbing I hear now in the position I am in....some of it from managers about the people under them. Due to Covid they moved us around and now I hear conversations that I wish I didnt....
    My company has moved towards a youth movement and has catered to the " kids" with degrees...doesnt matter what the degree is in, but they have one.
    I had the best boss in the world, easy going guy to work with....the " kid" I have now has a Masters....very smart guy and driven...MICROMANAGER.....and doesnt realize the vast amount of knowledge and experience he has at his disposal....even though he has been told several times.....fun guy to be around though...
    Sometimes is seems there is no thought or concern for decisions that are made even though we have policies in place....written policies and when you point that out they get all disgruntled and pissy about it

dang, you sure you don't for who I do,, the problem with this place is the old guard is at the age to retire, and they bring these young guns in that are full of **** and vinegar, say they are machinist and know stuff, but have no kind of common sense or clue as to how to do the job
    and can not figure anything out.....

Comment

Originally Posted by kerrbow View Post
      If the work place is toxic, be the one that stands up straight, fight for what 's right and go to battle with the "powers that be" and try to change it. You might be surprised what God can do by using you as the catalyst for yourself and others.

oh all the training videos on Ethics say stand up and say something, and there will be no kind of repercussion, or retaliation. haha sure,,,, the Good'ol Boys are still around hold true to the old ways. you stand up and say something, and your in the barrel for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
        dang, you sure you don't for who I do,, the problem with this place is the old guard is at the age to retire, and they bring these young guns in that are full of **** and vinegar, say they are machinist and know stuff, but have no kind of common sense or clue as to how to do the job
        and can not figure anything out.....
        So y'all send your work to us!

It gets harder everyday. We have no management that has ever run a machine. Most have never seen a machine shop until they hired in here. But they sure can tell us how to do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
          Originally Posted by kerrbow View Post
          If the work place is toxic, be the one that stands up straight, fight for what 's right and go to battle with the "powers that be" and try to change it. You might be surprised what God can do by using you as the catalyst for yourself and others.

oh all the training videos on Ethics say stand up and say something, and there will be no kind of repercussion, or retaliation. haha sure,,,, the Good'ol Boys are still around hold true to the old ways. you stand up and say something, and your in the barrel for awhile
          Yeah, all the Ethics training doesn't apply to everyone.

Comment

5 1/2 more years and I will walk away from the same bs for good!

Comment

Remember that your job finances your lifestyle. Weigh it put good before you make sudden changes for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                I just get tired of the favoritism that goes on, and the back stabbing I hear now in the position I am in....some of it from managers about the people under them. Due to Covid they moved us around and now I hear conversations that I wish I didnt....
                My company has moved towards a youth movement and has catered to the " kids" with degrees...doesnt matter what the degree is in, but they have one.
                I had the best boss in the world, easy going guy to work with....the " kid" I have now has a Masters....very smart guy and driven...MICROMANAGER.....and doesnt realize the vast amount of knowledge and experience he has at his disposal....even though he has been told several times.....fun guy to be around though...
                Sometimes is seems there is no thought or concern for decisions that are made even though we have policies in place....written policies and when you point that out they get all disgruntled and pissy about it
                Sounds like you don't like your new boss more than anything.

Regardless, if the pay and benefits are great, the work is EASY as you pointed out and you actually can take the full 5 weeks of vacation without the boss man or Company pressuring you not to, then I would dog it out for a few more years. That is especially if the 7 years mentioned is about retirement time. The grass isn't always greener at another Company. If you are in the middle of your career, that could make the situation different.

Comment

Grass isnt always greener on the other side. I would only leave if I found a better paying job. Never downgrade.

Comment

I walked away from a job with a new house, two cars and two young babies, when my boss told me I couldn't afford to leave. Moved to a new city and found a GREAT job!

Life creates new opportunities every day, trust your ability and take the step! God will alway guide you in the right direction.

Then many years later I walked away from a high paying job as a Regional Manager with a region that was over achieving when I was told to reduce my staff by 20% when the other two regions were under preforming. I've never looked back.

No I'm not crazy, but I believe in myself and always worked hard at everything I tried.
                    Oh, forgot to tell ya. I only have a high school education!

Comment

Y’all can do what I did many years ago......tell ‘em to kiss it and go into business for yourself. At that point you’ll only have the IRS, state and local government, and all your customers for bosses. Piece o’ cake !

Comment

I walked out of a toxic job after being there 2 years without a job. Best career decision I have made.

Comment

Two things. The grass isn't always greener. Don't get too used to it. Things will change. Let the problems move on and you just keep doing your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            All fun and games till you get canned for doing what is right... I prefer to make the decision for me when it is best for me to leave. And don't kid yourself I have been fighting with these pricks since I got here. At some point you see the writing on the wall and realize you are either going to stir it up so much you aren't worth it to them anymore by not toeing the line and are going to be forced out or you tell them to shove it and go find a different set of problems to deal with some where else. A change of scenery does the body good occasionally. That old school grin and bare it mentality is crap, I know my worth and am willing and able to take it somewhere else.
                            If you have made the attempt to change it, then do what God tells you to do. I will pray He directs your path to where He wants you to go. Good luck brother as you sort thru all of the things going on.

Comment

Changing jobs should be like a monkey swinging through the jungle. Don't let go of the current branch until you have the next one in your hand.

Comment

I felt this way for almost the last 10 years at my previous employer. They finally ended my misery for me in a layoff.

You don't realize what a toxic environment you can be in until you go somewhere else. And I got a healthy little severance that went in the bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X