No announcement yet.

Small Property Hunting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lay off the mowing, especially the fences. Pressured deer don't like being forced across openings. Only clear what is necessary to shoot. If you're worried about woody growth taking over those areas then mow after season. I own small properties and the only mowing I do is with a sling blade a couple weeks before season.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Lay off the mowing, especially the fences. Pressured deer don't like being forced across openings. Only clear what is necessary to shoot. If you're worried about woody growth taking over those areas then mow after season. I own small properties and the only mowing I do is with a sling blade a couple weeks before season.
      I could mow it in the Spring after it dries out. Hopefully, it won't grow too much over the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        do you have pens around your feeders? if not, I would start there to keep hogs off the feeders. NE TX deer like thickets.
        I hunt from pop-up blinds. How do you build a feed pen and still be able to shoot inside the pen from the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
          Throw up a protein feeder, right in the middle and put a pen around it. It helps keep deer frequenting your property. I hunt 60 acres and they hit it harder than the corn.
          Do troughs work?

Comment

I hunt 52 Acres in Madisonville, I can see 5 different feeders from our fence line. A ton of hunting pressure, I always see does (at least 13) a sit as they are my regulars. Bucks are non existent on the weekend sits. Hunting mid week is what got me my first good buck this year. If it is anything like my area, you will have to actually hunt... Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
              I hunt 52 Acres in Madisonville, I can see 5 different feeders from our fence line. A ton of hunting pressure, I always see does (at least 13) a sit as they are my regulars. Bucks are non existent on the weekend sits. Hunting mid week is what got me my first good buck this year. If it is anything like my area, you will have to actually hunt... Good luck!
              I live 4.5 hours away. Hunting mid week would be a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                I hunt from pop-up blinds. How do you build a feed pen and still be able to shoot inside the pen from the ground?
                Cattle panels cut in half will put the vitals of most deer high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                  Cattle panels cut in half will put the vitals of most deer high enough.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X