*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Light bulbs put out a good bit of heat, do you have a light in it, keep it turned on maybe.
    Originally posted by Montec man View Post
    if you can't find a heat lamp anywhere, a clamp on worklight with a 100 watt incadescent bulb will put out adequate heat.
    I tend to overdo everything, lol. My wellhouse has enough room for the well and other stuff. And other stuff to keep the other stuff company. Probably 12x12, lol. It has its own sub-panel so I think I may just brave the cold and add another breaker and put an electric heater out there on a thermostat. If someone had a mr. heater in stock, I'd just buy that and run it on a big tank but everyone's totally out of stock and, yeah, I've waited til the last minute.

Comment

I just hope when the weather does get here that people stay off the roads and not running around taking pictures. My guys can’t stand it when people ride around they always end up calling for help then it puts us at risk for people being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
        Yes, we built walls, installed freeze protection on all critical equipment, and have Severe Weather protocols in place. Going to be a long 5-6 days for our guys trying to keep things running.
        Yessir. I hate it but the supervisor is glad I’m on nights tomorrow through Tuesday morning. Hopefully nothing happens but I know at least one unit is going to go down within ERCOT

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          TP&W was on the weather channel saying stay home if going to stonewall & Johnson city, I would call them

Thanks, I will try to get ahold of them. It is looking like with the low temps that roads could be icy all weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
            Man, I have to get some kind of heat source in the well house. Liberty Hill is slated to see 6 degrees or so on Monday. That's a call to action. Propane Mr. Heaters are sold out everywhere so I'm going to have to either run a heavy extension cord or put in a circuit breaker and an electric heater. Ugh.
            If you can, wrap the tank and pipes in an electric blanket and some painters plastic (thick as you can buy) or jumbo trash bags. no need to heat the entire well house if you can get some plastic and make a mini-greenhouse.

Comment

I love these threads, it was -23 this morning where I live lol. Not that I should be bragging about having colder weather but its always fun to see how you all handle colder weather.

Keep warm fellas.
              -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
                I love these threads, it was -23 this morning where I live lol. Not that I should be bragging about having colder weather but its always fun to see how you all handle colder weather.

Keep warm fellas.
                -Jack
                You know we say the same when it hits 90 and y’all are melting. It’s all relative.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                  You know we say the same when it hits 90 and y’all are melting. It’s all relative.

Micheal
                  ^
                  Very true

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Well house hasn’t made to the top of the Too Do list so I make a tent over the well with a tarp and put a light under it and that works.
                    Brett do you put a make shift tent over the well head and the tank? Mine are about 30’ apart from each other? Thanks Joey

Comment

Keep warm fellas.
                      -Jack

I did 3 years in North Dakota... I’d take -5 in North Dakota over 32 and raining in Texas any day of the week and Twice Sunday!

It’s a different kind of cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep warm fellas.
                        -Jack
                        I can imagine its quite amusing. You should watch our local news channels when the possibility of temps lower than 30 degrees are coming. That might help to explain a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                          I did 3 years in North Dakota... I’d take -5 in North Dakota over 32 and raining in Texas any day of the week and Twice Sunday!

It’s a different kind of cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Ice storms are no joke. The trees are snapping like crazy. It's extremely sad to watch.

Comment

^
                            Very true
                            It was 0 degrees today when plowed the driveway. I had my Carhart overalls and jacket over my long underwear. Not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Ice storms are no joke. The trees are snapping like crazy. It's extremely sad to watch.
                              Ya no kidding, I hate seeing it. October to early Dec we get a couple bad ice storms (tends to freeze in the morning or night when school kids are traveling) and then it just gets cold after that. My nieghbors 18 year old daughter and 16 year old son were killed in car crash when then slid off the road and rolled. It was horrible time for our community, you all keep safe.

-Jack
                              Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 02-11-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Global warming is hard to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X