2021 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Happy New Year! 2020 sucked but hopefully deer season turned it around for you! It certainly helped mine.[emoji41]

Aight folks ...we had 2017 with 1781 coons, 2018 with 860, 2019 w/ 791 and 2020 w/ 1369 meeting their demise. That’s 4,801 confirmed food bills paid!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2021 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn, protein and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

I have got to get my dukes dp traps out & clean them for another go around. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
      I have got to get my dukes dp traps out & clean them for another go around. Thanks for the reminder.

I was hoping to be out west this past weekend to thump some coons before turkey lay eggs this spring so I could start this off with some numbers....but things didn't work out. Got several projects this spring out there this year so I'm going to be making a bunch of trips. Beware bandits!..

Comment

Yes sir, I had real good luck with my dog proofs last year.

I dribbled the same corn/protein mix I was putting in my deer feeders into them. Worked great.

Comment

#1 Duke’s with banana flavor Little Debbie.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
            #1 Duke’s with banana flavor Little Debbie.

And we're off!! Nice!

Comment

Trapped my first one ever this weekend with a dukes trap. Put some wet protein pellet and some buck jam together. They are killing our protein feeders right now.

Hope I did this right lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

trapped my first coon this weekend in dg trap using mini marshmallows. am trapping around my corn feeder protein feeder. After this one will they continue to come to traps or will I have to pick up and move on? there are about 6 big fats that hang around there obviously cause of the food source.

Comment

I've left them alone for the last year or two. Personal issues taking up time and not feeding protein.

That's changed and protein is going out next week along with the dukes on any overnight trip this year.

Hope to add to next week along with a yote or two.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one on Jan. 2, 2021 Dukes and DG cat food.

I believe that is Number 4 for 2021.

Comment

Got one this morning on duke with cat food.

Comment

#6,7,8,9, Saturday #10 Sunday A.M.

Comment

#11 today. Regular small marshmallows

Comment

careful with the cat food... catching skunks stinks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              careful with the cat food... catching skunks stinks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They eat turkey eggs too! I wish I could catch them more consistently.

Comment

Working...
                              X