No announcement yet.

It's a Texan thing y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that they are rallying around the good people of San Saba. We've hunted there over 20 years and everyone we meet are the best folks you could ever know.

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

That’s why I’ll never leave!

Comment

True Texan character—awesome to see!

Comment

Finally some good news, thanks for sharing. Living in small towns or small communities most of my life you hear or have been involved in such things but if your not in that town or community it's never known.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I guess they decided not to wait on the Government to take care of them......Just another great Texas tall tale (yes, most Texas tall tales are TRUE!)

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Can't beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                      Awesome news! You are right Texans are a different breed! loving seeing these kinda stories during times of crisis.
                      We can do this!

Comment

The spirit of a free republic!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          Unfortunately, I wasn't born here, but I absolutely love Texas and consider myself a Texan, specially after the birth of my son Liam.

It irks my family and Persian friends when I say; I love Texas more than my motherland of Iran...
                          That's awesome brother.Welcome home.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                              What is it to be a Texan? No, it's not because you simply live here. It is a set of values and guiding principals that led to the creation of this great state. Let me give you a couple of examples.

Friday morning at 1:00 a.m., the only grocery store in San Saba, Lowes, caught fire. At 7:00 a.m., the fire was still burning and firefighters from multiple towns were still fighting the blaze, despite the fact that ammunition and propane tanks were exploding.

Brad Williams and other members of Hunters for Heroes put together a group of people and trucks and headed to Austin to purchase supplies for the residents of San Saba. By the time the fire was extinguished the building was a total loss.

Saturday morning, the Lowes management team arrived from Lubbock to assess the damage. Albert Stowell and Kay Smith Stowell who had just purchased a building on the square offered their building to Lowes and on a hand shake, sealed a 2-year lease while the other building could be reconstructed.

Lubbock based Sanders Mechanical put a crew together, drove through the night and arrived at the new building Sunday morning and began construction. Monday, San Saba Utility department placed a new power pole, 600 amp, 3 phase, electric service into the building along with new sewer and water.

Store racks arrived, telephone and Internet contractors from around Texas arrived, and electricians brought in rolls of new cable. And as night settled in, the contractors continued to reconfigure a vacant space into a new grocery store. Products are already being staged and are scheduled to begin arriving on Wednesday.

The official opening of the new store is scheduled for Saturday morning, March 28 - one week and one day after total destruction.

That's what Texans do.

--author unknown

Thats awesome!

Any idea which building they converted? Heard G&R wasnt big enough for their needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                                Do they have toilet paper?

Awesome story but this describes most of small town America. It isn't restricted to Texas.

So very true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X