dogs around feeder area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
    If they are chasing your livestock you can!!

I didn’t say chasing livestock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      yeah, well .... ok!

Yeah well...some folks just like to look for a reason to shoot something.

Last edited by Sika; 10-18-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I’d imagine Great Pyrenees would be somewhat considered livestock being that they aren’t like your house hold pet and live with your livestock. Maybe the red rider B.B. gun would just do the trick.

Comment

I swear to God that exact same dog is showing up at my lease. Last time I pulled in, he was laying on the front porch taking a nap in the shade.....dead serious!!!

Comment

I feel like a thread like this it’s better not to give my solution but the political correct response would be do nothing. In our cup cake world we live in now you might want to put out food and water for them.

Comment

No doubt a livestock guard dog that someone paid a lot of money for from a neighboring ranch where they are running sheep or goats. I would not shoot THIS dog or any other dog that has a prominent collar on it. Sika is correct on the shooting of any dogs.
              As a rule, deer are not scared of dogs unless the dog/dogs are running them and deer are smart enough to know the difference. My hounds are broke from deer and I am amazed how the deer ignore them.
              Of course if this big white dog walks up to your feeder when the deer are under it, they will run off but not far unless pursued. I would try to find who owns the dog and let him know that it is on your lease.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                I didn’t say chasing livestock

I hear ya wasn't trying to catch ya. Im just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                  Sss!
                  ??

Comment

I had four pits run into my feeder and start eating the corn last week. I chased them off and haven’t seen them since.

Comment

I know nothing

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        ??
                        SSS is the opposite of LDP...

I hope that clears things up.

Comment

For the record, I can’t speak for the OP but for myself(who posted the pic of the 2 Pyrenees) I had no intention of shooting them. If it became a real problem I guess I would seek the Game Warden’s help to handle it as long as they weren’t aggressive towards me. But as of right now, I haven’t seen them again. I’ve just never come across this so I chimed in.

Comment

Exotics = Livestock

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            If they are chasing your livestock you can!!
                            Since exotics are now considered livestock, I guess you could shoot them for chasing them too. Of course it would be prudent to use this as a last resort for a recurring problem.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              Since exotics are now considered livestock, I guess you could shoot them for chasing them too. Of course it would be prudent to use this as a last resort for a recurring problem.
                              Funny you say that the warden that I talked to mentioned that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
                                For the record, I can’t speak for the OP but for myself(who posted the pic of the 2 Pyrenees) I had no intention of shooting them. If it became a real problem I guess I would seek the Game Warden’s help to handle it as long as they weren’t aggressive towards me. But as of right now, I haven’t seen them again. I’ve just never come across this so I chimed in.

I haven't seen dogs since on mine either, now pigs have overrun it so I put up a 2nd feeder in a tree nearby. I believe they have moved to it now but either way, need to cull some of them or all.

Comment

Working...
                                X