Any tricks to getting cactus needles from under toenails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tricks to getting cactus needles from under toenails

Apparently my daughter decided to step on a cactus today. I couldn't get much of it out, so should we just let if dissolve or have the doc pull it out. The is about 1/4" in there.

I've done it to fingernails with splinters.
    I'm the kinda guy that would go crazy until I got it out.
    It can be a sob though!!
    They have tweezers that are basically 2 needles on the ends, and work good.

Comment

It won't dissolve. Sounds painful. Either doctor or wait til it festers.

Comment

Soak hand in hot water with Epsom salt, generally helps with bad splinters.

Comment

****! That would drive me crazy just knowing it’s there. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            Soak hand in hot water with Epsom salt, generally helps with bad splinters.
            I don’t get it?? How does soaking the hand help get the cactus out from under the toenail?

Comment

It's going to fester.

Comment

Those things don’t dissolve, skinned a lot of deer with cactus under the skin stuck in the meat in the front legs.

Comment

Drawing salve, Amazon. Will get to where you can gab it.

Comment

It will not dissolve and the pain will only get worse. I had one stuck between my pointer and middle finger. Went to the dr and they cut the whole area up looking for it. 2 months later I couldn't take it anymore so I used my leatherman and found it myself. The pain was almost unbearable at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                      Drawing salve, Amazon. Will get to where you can gab it.
                      Forgot about that. We use this.
                      https://www.hylands.com/products/prid-drawing-salve

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                        It will not dissolve and the pain will only get worse. I had one stuck between my pointer and middle finger. Went to the dr and they cut the whole area up looking for it. 2 months later I couldn't take it anymore so I used my leatherman and found it myself. The pain was almost unbearable at that point.
                        Yeah buddy !!!

Comment

I had a piece of mesquite torn that was easily over 1/4 long on the tip of one of my fingers right below the nail. I didn't realize it was there until it started to get infected. That was some agonizing pain for the better part of two weeks. every time I grabbed anything or stuck my hand in my pocket it would remind me of the problem.

Hope you folks are able to get it out.

Comment

when I was a young man I would chase blue quail thru the South Texas brush. Would end up with plenty of thorns imbedded in my legs. I pulled the ones out that I could get to. The others I left alone and they would eventually work there way to the surface and just popped them out.

Comment

Mix up a salve of Epson salt and vasoline. Put a dop of it on there, and cover with a bandage. It will help draw it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X