When will the ammo shortage end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the ammo shortage end

I went by a small local gun shop a couple weeks ago. Bumped into the owner and asked him when his next shipment of ammo will be. He told me he expected a shipment the next week and that he had placed this order back in July.

yikes....

Any guesses or insight you can share?

I don't see it getting any better this year.

Comment

Next Presidential election.......maybe

Comment

Not anytime soon. My old neighbor works across the street from Academy in Mansfield and she posted on fb that the line this morning after the inauguration is 3x what it normally is

Comment

I read something that the relief wasn't expected till early 22

Comment

If the flippers stop, it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              If people would stop buying from the flippers it would help!!! If they can’t make money they won’t buy

Comment

Like toilet paper, at some point people will outspend their ability to use it or their paycheck will not be able to sustain the spending rate. That said, 7 million new gun owners, a lot of savvy internet wheeling and dealing, and it’ll be a while before the appetite is satiated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

when the next Republican president gets elected.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    when the next Republican president gets elected.
                    So, never

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

When the supply gets flooded to the point retailers cant sell the popular cal. Then they will produce other ammunition until that too is available and on the shelves. It will take a while. It really has nothing to do with the ammunition flippers. Shelves at Academy would still be empty right now. The people buying from the flippers would still be waiting at Academy. If someone wants to get up and stand in line at Academy for 2 hours and buy 3 boxes of ammunition and makes $100 they are not exactly making much money. Figure takes gas, time, effort and 3 plus hours to make $100. Cheaper than getting food delivered from Uber Eats if you do the math

Comment

just checked.... I have a backorder from April that still has not delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Originally posted by hybridhunternm View Post
                          If people would stop buying from the flippers it would help!!! If they can’t make money they won’t buy

Comment

Won’t be anytime this year. Probably 2022 before you can walk into an academy and get ammo like normal

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              When the supply gets flooded to the point retailers cant sell the popular cal. Then they will produce other ammunition until that too is available and on the shelves. It will take a while. It really has nothing to do with the ammunition flippers. Shelves at Academy would still be empty right now. The people buying from the flippers would still be waiting at Academy. If someone wants to get up and stand in line at Academy for 2 hours and buy 3 boxes of ammunition and makes $100 they are not exactly making much money. Figure takes gas, time, effort and 3 plus hours to make $100. Cheaper than getting food delivered from Uber Eats if you do the math
                              I agree with this, but wish Academy and others would limit to 1 box till this is over. That would cut out a lot of the people going with the sole intent to resale the ammo. If they do it 7 days a week because they live close that is $3k/month flipping ammo

Comment

Working...
                              X