• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    You’re obviously trying to learn.
    Yes.

Comment

Far superior off the shelf ammo than other 6mm offerings for LR work and speed for varmints. It’s here to stay. Is a great round that’s easy to load for. The 108 ELDM hammers small to medium critters. It’s low recoiling. Suppresses well. And is fairly easy to find. I’ve owned several. My daughter has one. We love it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Far superior off the shelf ammo than other 6mm offerings for LR work and speed for varmints. It’s here to stay. Is a great round that’s easy to load for. The 108 ELDM hammers small to medium critters. It’s low recoiling. Suppresses well. And is fairly easy to find. I’ve owned several. My daughter has one. We love it.
        Its not a bad round. Manbuns love it just for the name. fuds will say it wont do anything a .243 wont. Its like the .260/6.5CM battle.

Comment

I went to bass pro the other day for some 7mm rem mag ammo. They had one small spot with no ammo. The shelves were full of 6.5 creed and 300 black out. They had some 6 mm also. If these newer trendy rounds are going to get all of the shelf space they may be worth it in my opinion.

Comment

There were plenty 6mm projectiles available through ammo shortage. It will stabilize 103, 105 gn. projectiles.

Comment

I second this. I had a short 6cm built for my kids to shoot suppressed. It’s pretty much perfect for shooting the heavier bullets.
              I used it to shoot a couple doe on Friday. One at 270yds the other at 290yds. There were 2 hits each, the bullet hitting them and them hitting the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by JuDGe View Post
                Don't have anything between a 223/5.56 and a 308.
                A 25 would fit nicely in between those calibers. Nothing against the 6’s, I’m just a fan of the 25’s. Don’t care if it’s the 25-06, Bob, or Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  It’s everything the 243 should’ve been. Ballisticslly it doesn’t offer anything over the 243. However it comes with faster twist barrels accepting heavier projectiles. In short it doesn’t offer anything over a custom 243 with fast twist barrel. However most people asking that question (and obviously answering) don’t have enough of an understanding to actually answer it. No knock on those asking. You’re obviously trying to learn.

^Good explanation of it here.

I’ve got two custom bolt guns chambered in 6 Creed and love them. One 18” and one 26”. The 18” is pretty much my go to hunting rifle and rides around in the pickup most the time. Absolutely hammers deer, pigs, and coyotes. It’s killed a few pigs past 500. Great caliber option for most Texas game and great for younger shooters as well.

Another plus is that 6 Creed was one of the few calibers that factory ammo was still pretty readily available throughout Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                    Its not a bad round. Manbuns love it just for the name. fuds will say it wont do anything a .243 wont. Its like the .260/6.5CM battle.
                    I’ve hated the 6.5 creed hype from the start. The 260 is the same. You know this. The marketing department at Hornady is world class lol. And the big boys back them. Hence the 6 creed 6.5 creed PRC line up. I DO like the 6 creed. Do not care for the 6.5 lol

Comment

I’ve hated the 6.5 creed hype from the start. The 260 is the same. You know this. The marketing department at Hornady is world class lol. And the big boys back them. Hence the 6 creed 6.5 creed PRC line up. I DO like the 6 creed. Do not care for the 6.5 lol
                      .260 IS the same as 6.5. But REM screwed that up with limited offerings of rifles and ammo. Especially ammo. My early model 7 was worst shooting I have ever owned. This old Elmer Fudd loves his two 6.5 creeds for deer and pigs. Especially suppressed.

I own a couple .243’s and ammo already, so I won’t be buying a 6mm creed
                      But if I was looking to fill that gap (.223/.308) I would have consider one given the ammo is available. Especially for my wife and daughter.

Comment

Do you carry an ie.. purse or man satchel or wear flippy floppies while sporting a man bun? The last two do not have to be worn together. If you answered yes , you need a 6.5 creed.

Comment

It’s a 243.. or a 6.5creed necked down to 243.

Typical rifles will be twisted faster to stabilize heavy bullets. Otherwise it’s a slightly less powerful 243.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                            Do you carry an ie.. purse or man satchel or wear flippy floppies while sporting a man bun? The last two do not have to be worn together. If you answered yes , you need a 6.5 creed.
                            I wear floppy floppies 365. Socks when it's cold.

Comment

Haha! Looks like I don’t qualify for a 6.5

Comment

Pretty funny. Working in my bun now. Harder when you are balding.

What’s your favorite “midsize” round? Mine has been .270 with 130’s for past 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X